Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sold Out............F/S Double Grill Replica GT Lids
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
computers4kids
Replica GT Lids
I wasn’t planning on making anymore of these because of the amount of work involved, but ended-up purchasing a truck load of stock lids from a Porsche retailer looking to clear them out of their “used” inventory. Consequently, I am offering these “replica” GT lids at a friendly price that your average enthusiast can afford.

Features:
  • OEM grill used for both halves
  • Cross brace delete
  • Slotted hinges for easy on/off installation
  • New beading, not OEM but similar
  • Rounded corners on new grill side
  • All new self-threading nuts
  • Lids all have been media blasted
  • Lids are prepped as needed for paint and sprayed semi-gloss black
  • Threaded latch bolt not shown in picture but included
All grills are made with care and I would easily put any one of them on my car or any daily driver. All the lids are of similar quality.

Extremely well priced at $225 plus shipping US only. Shipping: $25-$35.

Update: Lids sold after 2/6/10 7:30 are $240 (I went ahead and had all the lids professionally media blasted to speed-up the process).

Note: Pictured are the first 3 of the lids before their last coat of paint. I have 12 more ready to be prepped for paint, painted and assembled.

You can let me know if you are interested in one and I’ll keep a running list. I’ll PM people from the list as I finish the others. No advance payment necessary, just a sincere desire to purchase one.
(1) Mike (mharmon) shipped 1/29/2010
(1) Randy (rstenson) shipped 1/29/2010
(1) Bruce (bstone914) Picked-up 02/19/2010
(1) 0396 (peter) Will pickup at Anaheim Swap Meet 3/7/2010(1) ME733 (confirmed payment to follow..email, Murray (epoxy))
(1) tomkirkcis shipped 02/18/2010 to office
(1) Bucci (follow-up request PM 02/17/2010)
(1) Robert shipped 02/18/2010
(1) ebay #1 Rand shipped 02/18/2010
(1) Chris (helios) shipped 02/25/2010
(1)whatabout1 (bob) shipped 02/19/2010
(1) Zach shipped 02/19/2010

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Thanks for looking,
Mark
mepstein
Mark - I will buy 1 lid. I don't need it right away so keep me on the list for when you get to the rest of the lids. But I WILL buy one. Thanks, Mark Epstein 302.355.0684 Mark@MarkEpstein.net
JRust
I bought one of these from Mark last spring. I highly recommend his GT lids. They are very well made & look great.
mharmon
I'll take 1 - please email me at mharmon944@gmail.com with info on how I can pay you.

Thanks.

Mike
rstenson
Mark
I will take one email me at rstenson@audiobiz.com.

Thanks, Randy
bdstone914
Put me in line for one. No hurry. Need anything in partial trade?
oldschool
I love to barter,how about custom screen printing,or video for your web site,.....need a web site? shades.gif If not I buy one any way's
I have all the screen and lid.. but never completed it...can we trade parts + $ for one of your completed ones too???? If so, could me in for one too smile.gif
computers4kids
Update...
First batch shipped, compressor rebuild kit arrived, more to come very soon
racerbvd
As hAS been asked already, are you open to any trades??? I'm not in a rush either biggrin.gif
computers4kids
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Jan 28 2010, 07:49 PM) *

As hAS been asked already, are you open to any trades??? I'm not in a rush either biggrin.gif

Yes, I am open to trades as I finish these other lids. Of course, my favorite trade is paypal biggrin.gif.

My 914 v8 is done with the exception I would like to add one of Mikey's repro front bumper rubbers.

I also have a 75 automatic 914 that is the most likely candidate for trades. Although it's in pretty good condition, it does need stuff like...
optima battery
new rubber trunk seal
new morph carpet set (morph is going to make a set without a clutch hole or shifter hole)
stainless steel exchangers maybe
2ltr motor maybe
v8 conversion pieces
trunk lock push button with no rust (I have lock piece)
saratoga top possibly
early chrome bumpers, maybe backdate mine???
hi torque starter
nice passenger chrome mirror
nice stereo with ipod or aux jack
new plastic shift cover for sideshifter
brass shifter bushing for shiftrod at transmission
?????
tomkirkcis
I will take one. let me know how to pay you.

Tom
tkirkpatrick@enservio.com
racerbvd

QUOTE(computers4kids @ Jan 29 2010, 06:59 AM) *

QUOTE(racerbvd @ Jan 28 2010, 07:49 PM) *

Yes, I am open to trades as I finish these other lids. Of course, my favorite trade is paypal biggrin.gif.

My 914 v8 is done with the exception I would like to add one of Mikey's repro front bumper rubbers.

early chrome bumpers, maybe backdate mine???

?????

I may have some chrome bumpers..
I have this console that I can trade as well..

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
computers4kids
I'm interested in the chrome bumpers...would prefer ones without tit holes, but not totally against them. All the parts would be going on my 75 automatic, so the console won't work me. I had pulled a stock retrofitted console out already.
Bucci
Hey great looking parts...!

I will take a GT lid, I have several parts listed and could do a trade...?

I have trunk lock push button with no rust in very good condition 8 of 10 on a scale of one to ten...!

I also have nice passenger chrome mirror in excellent shape 9 of 10 on a scale of one to ten...! (This should be a stainless steel part, but looks like chrome...!)

I also have a low time plastic shift cover for sideshifter trans... low low miles on said cover...!

I have a custom made brass shifter bushing for shiftrod at transmission, a very choice item.

I also have a custom made "delron" shift bushing also a choice item.

I also have "factory" mud flaps for a 914 with porsche part number...!

Let me know and I'll head over to the storage unit to find them, I've been collecting parts since 1987....

Marc-
computers4kids
Update
I was media blasting the grills with my cheapo HF blaster which was taking way too much time, so I went ahead and took them to a local shop and had all of them media blasted. They are are now ready for paint and re-assembly. This should speed-up the process, since I want to spend time working on my 914s rather than GT lids. biggrin.gif

Because of the expense to media blast the lids I'm raising my price on anyone new asking for one after this post. Even though it's costing $25 to blast each one, I'm only going to add $15 to the price and eat the difference.

Price for the lids effective now are $225 + 15= $240...still an excellent price.[size=3]
computers4kids
OK, I'm going to start listing these lids on ebay and the other club sites...so if you want one...now's the time to speak-up. biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
Mikey914
Nice deck lid welting.
-Bump
helios
Put me down as a tenative.....

I'll PM you tonight. Going to depend on this weekend and a pending sale as to if I can pull the trigger on the bank accound this week.

Stuff like this needs to stop coming up. I'm supposed to be sourcing Cobra brake parts for the Mustang. rolleyes.gif
computers4kids
All the lids are painted and all will be assembled and ready to go after this coming weekend. If anyone has changed their mind, just let me know so they will be available for others.

Thank you for those who have sent payment.
computers4kids
Packaged and ready to go...the number of uncommitted lids are going down.
helios
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Feb 10 2010, 07:54 PM) *

All the lids are painted and all will be assembled and ready to go after this coming weekend. If anyone has changed their mind, just let me know so they will be available for others.

Thank you for those who have sent payment.

I'll be in touch Friday for payment info. Thanks again. beerchug.gif
VaccaRabite
Are there still slots open for these? I am interested.

zach
whatabout1
PayPal done. Send me the best one left. piratenanner.gif

Thanks, Bob
VaccaRabite
You should have pay pal from me too. Thanks for making these.

Zach
whatabout1
Lid arrived today. Sweet !!!! Excellent work. Thankyou !! biggrin.gif

Let me know if you want my existing lid. VG condition.

mepstein
Just got mine today. Looks great! Amazing packing job. Thanks very much. Mark Epstein
VaccaRabite
Got mine today too. If little guy goes to bed early, it will be on the car this evening!

Great packing, by the way. Very pro.

Zach
computers4kids
I'll be bringing my remaing lids to the Anaheim swapmeet March 7th.
helios
Mine arrived today! Immaculate. Thanks a ton. beerchug.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Mar 1 2010, 07:26 AM) *

Yeah, Mark is coming to the swap meet !!!

Mark,

I will have a space at the meet and you can leave the lids there to sell or be picked up.

If you have other parts you are welcome to bring them. Last year the spaces sold out by 7AM.

Give me a call when you get in as I have a cart you can use to bring in the lids.

Free bump

Bruce
nsr-jamie
Have you ever shipped one of those to Japan? Wondering how much it would cost? Any affordable shipping? I would love to have one.....
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Mar 1 2010, 07:26 AM) *

Met Mark at meet today... two things I have to say- THANKS Mark and GREAT JOB!

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.