Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I can fix Outside Door Handles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
URY914
Is your outside door handle broken? Just wait, it will.
Send it to me and I'll fix it better than new. I make a piece that replaces the small mounting tab that bolts to the door. You can see this piece when you look at the handle from the side. The cheap pot metal breaks off and the handle flops around.

Pelican Parts sells replacement handles for $204.75!!!

I'll fix it and add a new plastic slider (that you provide) for $75.00.

Here is a picture of a fixed handle. This handle has the original plastic slider.

PM me for address and any questions.

Paul
swood
Paul, Does this mean you can fix the flapper/handle too? Tell us more...
Steve
URY914
Steve,
I can change out the flapper handle but this is just a replacement that I buy just like you can. It can be replaced while I'm doing the the mounting tab fix.

You can buy the flapper and the plastic slider, than send them to me with the broken handle and I'll put it all back together better than new.

The mounting tab is the item that breaks and really spells the death of the handle up until now. I have developed a means of repairing the mounting tab.

Paul
URY914
QUOTE (URY914 @ Mar 31 2004, 04:31 PM)
Steve,
I can change out the flapper handle but this is just a replacement that I buy just like you can. It can be replaced while I'm doing the the mounting tab fix.

You can buy the flapper and the plastic slider, than send them to me with the broken handle and I'll put it all back together better than new.

The mounting tab is the item that breaks and really spells the death of the handle up until now. I have developed a means of repairing the mounting tab.

Paul

The flapper handles are no longer sold by Pelican. IPB Image

If your flapper breaks, you got a problem.

Paul
dcicchetto914
Pelican Parts is not the only place that sells 914 parts, you can also get parts from Performance Magazine , and Tweeks and they both have websites.

Flappers are a dime a dozen, if you go to any 914 dismantling place they will have a crapload of them for dirt cheat. (they also have a crapload of borken doorhandles because they dont understand that there not worth anything.)

Drue
914werke
Paul was it you that was also considering offering these refinished for instance in black chrome or powdercoat?
914werke
Paul, From the Pic Im not sure I understand the fix. T
The problem is that the 8mm post breaks off and the ususall fix is to drill a hole through the body of the handle and use a bolt and nut, which is protrudes into the cavity that you reach behind to pull the flapper handle (does that make sense?) What are you doing in the image? huh.gif
URY914
Let me post a broken handle picture so you can see what happens.
URY914
I just repaired another handle. This one was for a 914 owner in Sweden.
If you have a few spare handles laying around you should think about getting them repaired. I don't know how long I'm going to keep doing this. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
jack20
QUOTE(URY914 @ Feb 12 2015, 03:51 PM) *

I just repaired another handle. This one was for a 914 owner in Sweden.
If you have a few spare handles laying around you should think about getting them repaired. I don't know how long I'm going to keep doing this. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

My tab broke off, driver side. Looks as though you have machined a new integrated "tab" that bolts into the same space. Am I correct? If so, how can I send my handle to you for repair?
Thanks,
Jack
URY914
Yes that is what I do. I hand fit an aluminum piece that replaces the pot metal tab. I've been doing it for years and have never had one fail on me or returned. I PM'd you my address. biggrin.gif
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(URY914 @ Mar 23 2004, 09:06 PM) *

Send it to me and I'll fix it better than new. I make a piece that replaces the small mounting tab that bolts to the door. You can see this piece when you look at the handle from the side. The cheap pot metal breaks off and the handle flops around.

Here is a picture of a fixed handle. This handle has the original plastic slider.

Paul

I've got two handles that need repair. One is broken and the other is only a matter of time. While their out of the door i's like to get them refurbd. How to get in touch ??
URY914
QUOTE(North Coast Jim @ Dec 12 2015, 07:23 AM) *

Paul

I've got two handles that need repair. One is broken and the other is only a matter of time. While their out of the door i's like to get them refurbd. How to get in touch ??

I'll send you a Private Message.
NeunEinVier
QUOTE(URY914 @ Sep 30 2005, 02:53 PM) *

Let me post a broken handle picture so you can see what happens.

A photo of a broken one would be awesome, thanks.
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
This is a repaired handle.........

Click to view attachment
RacingDreamz
Ury914, Brian Cheney Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentreferred me to you about broken handles. I also have a 'broken' pot metal tab on my passenger door. What's your cost to replace that piece. The plastics in the handle is in good shape. Just that metal tab is broke.
mburnley

Paul

Is this something you still do?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.