Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need few small misc parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
steveherman
Interior Light Assembly with chrome edge

999-591-211-01-OEM Speednut/Clip for mounting of Emblem. need 5

914-559-011-10 holds the bottom of the chrome roll bar trim to rear fender- part number 4 - need 2

914-559-225-10 spacer for top of the roll bar chrome- part number 8

900-114-002-02 Shake-proof washer goes between the rocker panel ends and the body. also goes between the front valance and the body. need 6

914-559-015-10 & 914-559-016-10 these are the rubber roof holders in the trunk
914Sixer
Light is NLA. Repro lights do not have the chrome trim. I have the mounting clip for the chrome sail panel, spacer for the top of chrome, and the door plugs. $25 shipped.
detoxcowboy
rubber targa holders are available at pelican parts .com
Tom_T
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Jan 23 2010, 04:14 PM) *

rubber targa holders are available at pelican parts .com

Also available at AA, SMC & PP -

If you order by midnight 1/25 you can save !5% - assuming you have a few other items there to buy to make their minimum (they probably have most stuff on your list):

http://www.automotion.com/default.asp?

PP Weekly Special:
"Enjoy 15% off of your $175 or greater order for the next 72 hours*.
Since you are one of our best customers, consider it our gift to you!

Savings expire at midnight (EST) on January 25th, so shop today!

Use Coupon code: HRG"

BTW - IIRC Dr914 George recommended painting the inside of the SS interior dome lights as available now, with Testor's silver enamal to get the look of the OE ones, but I don't know how well that works, plus the switch button will still be black (paint white?) & on the "wrong side" from the OE ones.

I need to get an NOS or EXCL used dome light myself eventually. dry.gif

Hope this helps! smile.gif
steveherman
yes.
i am aware that most parts are avail at PP and AA.
that is where i got the part numbers.
i am looking to find someone here that has these parts used because they are mostly not seen items so i dont need new.
and what to save a little green.
Allan
When I repainted my car I went to the plumbing department of the local big box store and found some faucet repair washers that looked exactly like the originals. I think they were something like 29 cents each.
steveherman
This is not complicated... I am not interested in looking at anymore stores.
That is why I posted here.
I have been to lowes, home depot AND 2 true values hardware stores.
I am only interested in finding here at this point.
if i dont find it here i will just order from PP or AA.
SIMPLE
Allan
Wow, this place used to be friendly. dry.gif
steveherman
sorry if that came out wrong.
it was not meant to sound like that.
after reading that i can see how that came across as kinda douche baggish.
sorry...
Tom_T
QUOTE(steveherman @ Jan 24 2010, 06:47 PM) *

sorry...

agree.gif
Steve, folks here are just trying to help out, & we have no idea what your parameters are from your first post, & many posting here don't realize what's available where.

Anyway, if you're on a budget, don't expect to find that interior dome light at any reasonable price here, since they're scarce & long NLA, so they'll be BIG Bucks if you find one!

Your best bet for that is to use the VW Hella dome light (same as the ones at PP, AA, Pelican, etc.) & were $15 or so when I got one from GoWesty.com for my 88 Vanagon Westy, & was shocked to find it was the same part no. at a bit lower price as what I bought for the 914! dry.gif

Try one of those new - or used or somebody's "spare" from here - & look up Dr.914's silver paint trick in his pdf catalog.

Good Luck!
steveherman
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 25 2010, 12:31 AM) *

QUOTE(steveherman @ Jan 24 2010, 06:47 PM) *

sorry...

agree.gif
Steve, folks here are just trying to help out, & we have no idea what your parameters are from your first post, & many posting here don't realize what's available where.

Anyway, if you're on a budget, don't expect to find that interior dome light at any reasonable price here, since they're scarce & long NLA, so they'll be BIG Bucks if you find one!

Your best bet for that is to use the VW Hella dome light (same as the ones at PP, AA, Pelican, etc.) & were $15 or so when I got one from GoWesty.com for my 88 Vanagon Westy, & was shocked to find it was the same part no. at a bit lower price as what I bought for the 914! dry.gif

Try one of those new - or used or somebody's "spare" from here - & look up Dr.914's silver paint trick in his pdf catalog.

Good Luck!

i am glad to have this site.
so i meant no disrespect.
it is not that i am totally on a budget... i just prefer to spend wisely.
yeah the light i expect yo be a little pricey...
there are 2 styles of interior lights on PP ...interior light

these pieces i am looking for are something that are mostly unseen and i bet that there are a lot of them laying around (ie targa top holder and vent covers.)...
so this in turn is where my thought to spend wisely comes in to play.
Tom_T
Steve -

1. I stand corrected - only $5.50

2. The "M" at the end of the part no. means it will say Made in... or Hecho en... Mexico (Hella of Mexico) in the cast letters on the lense - ergo the low price.

3. I see only one style there with 2 pix, the right one is just turned over 180 degrees from the left pic.

4. IIRC - Sierra Madre or one of the others still carry the German Hella ones for the higher price, but it's still the superceded part from the OE, without the chrome bezel & white switch button & on the opposite side (see links below).

I hear ya exactly on spending where it's seen! biggrin.gif

BTW - only use the wattage rating bulb from your owners manual, which is listed as only 10W for my early-73 2L, because the higher wattage ones some places list as "correct" can over heat & melt or warp the lenses. That happened with my 88 Westy dome light - ergo my "collection" of them! dry.gif

FYI - Good Pix of the proper OE Dome Light here (also good drooling pix):

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...01921&st=60 - see Post #78
> http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-...-1260582112.jpg

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...01921&st=40 - see Post #58
> http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-...-1260297872.jpg

Hope this is helpful! smile.gif
Tom
///////
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.