Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Puma GT custom bodied
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > Ads: All Other Non-914 Stuff
scotty b
I have had this for a few years with the intent of re-doing it and autocrossing it but never got much done sad.gif Car was built in the early 80's by a local artist. He glued surfboard foam to the body, shaped it and then glassed over the foam. Due to 20+ years of use there are a few spots on the body that will need some mionor fiberglass work but over all the body is in great shape. Paint will need to be chemically stripped to the gel coat before reworking the body. Floor pans do have some fiberglass on the rear sections but I beat on them pretty good and it is a solid repair. My machinist made a set of engine lid brackets out of aluminum to replace to breakage prone pot metal ones original to the car.

Engine is a 1600 dual port with a NEW set of Weber 34's. I pulled the heads to replace the push rod tubes and gaskets and while off I had the heads flycut, and flat filed the cylinders for a nice seal. The engine has great compression and appears to have been rebuilt prior to my posession. Tin was all sandblasted primed and painted ( rattle canned ) All work on the engine has been done within the last month, so all gaskets are still new smile.gif If I have time I will finish the engine up in the next few weeks ( unless the car sells !! ) Very little left to do though

I stripped the front wheels, etched, sealed and put 2 coats of satin black on them. Intent was to black out the wheels, and re-paint the car solid orange. We all know orange is the coolest shades.gif I have one new Corbeau classic seat for it and 2 sets of seat tracks to figure out which works best. The issue with these cars is they are so low it is hard to find seats to fit it, and I found the Corbeau not only fits perfectly but IMO looks dynamite in it

Obviously you guys know what I do and I will be willing to completely finish the car for the buyer if so desired.

2500.00 as is OR 2000.00 without the engine

Sorry about the pics dry.gif

scotty b
MO
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.