Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Selling my baby
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
newto914s
Click to view attachment
It's time to part ways with my beloved Porsche. I've had it for 5 years and swore I would never sell it, but I have a house now, and it keeps me too busy with projects to ever give Rorsche(it's name) the attention he deserves.

Specs
1976 Porsche 914
Flat 4, Aircooled 2.1L engine
around 146k miles on chassis, 45 on bottom end, 10k on EMC rebuilt 2L heads, maybe 3k on AA jugs

The good!
It runs great, recent head rebuild with SI stainless valves and bored out jugs, it's now a 2.1L. Heads alone cost me $1200 and were done by EMC out of LA, super reputable air cool gurus.
Original D-jet Fuel injection, slightly tweeked for the larger displacement.
Solid, a quarter size hole under the battery, but the rest of the car is clean. Optima dry cell, so the hell hole is not going to get any worse.
You'd be hard pressed to fined a cleaner original, unrestored car.
Center console with guages, Amps, Oil Pressure, and Clock.
Tranny does not grind
Very reliable, in the summers I've used it as my daily driver, and when I first got it it was my only car.
Many extra parts, like a box of D-jet parts

The not so good.
Could use a paint job. If you're a body guy you could flip this car and turn a tidy profit.
Needs a new speedo cable
Will need tires

$3000, worth more than that in parts.

More pics
http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p129/newto914s/914/

Thanks for looking
Samson
newto914s
Sold it today sad.gif
it went to a good home.
you can delete this ad.
Thanks
Samson
Gint
Damn! That didn't take long. Too bad Samson. You know where to come if you need another 914 though.
newto914s
Yea Gint, you have enough parts to build 3 or 4 914s. I'll still lurk,914s are a hard habit to kick. Like crack or that old girlfriend we all had that we had nothing in common with but the sex was so good it seemed to make the frustration almost worth it.
It went to a good home. Guy has money to throw at it and he's excited about all the directions you can take a 914. It will be cared for and driven way more than I could, and if he decides to sell in the future he's going to give me first offer if I want it back. You can't asked for a better sale.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.