Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: car did not start?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oldschool
So I started to work on my car 1973 1.7 2nd owner car. (white) it was sitting for 2 years cleaned the grounds, check the fusees check the oil, went to start, can't hear the gas pump did not turn over confused24.gif so I have power at the fuse and relays what's next ?
tradisrad
check for power at the pump.
rick 918-S
Still injected? Check the relay board and the fuel pump relay.

Is the engine cranknig over fine? Just no fuel pump?
oldschool
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 25 2010, 10:51 AM) *

Rick it seems to cranck ok but not as fast as my red car as it was when it was headbang.gif running.
swl
QUOTE(oldschool @ Jan 25 2010, 09:46 PM) *

Rick it seems to cranck ok but not as fast as my red car as it was when it was headbang.gif running.

So it looks like the fuel pump. You can either do the troubleshooting with a meter or you can try the usual suspects. The fastest test and the most likely culprit is to replace the main power and fuel pump relays. They are the same relay as your headlights. If your headlights pop up ok take the relays from them and replace the two on the relay board.
oldschool
QUOTE(swl @ Jan 26 2010, 05:48 AM) *

So it looks like the fuel pump. You can either do the troubleshooting with a meter or you can try the usual suspects. The fastest test and the most likely culprit is to replace the main power and fuel pump relays. They are the same relay as your headlights. If your headlights pop up ok take the relays from them and replace the two on the relay board.

what 2? my book show only 1? also does my computer needs to be grounded?
benalishhero
This is the relay lay-out.

Check the main power and fuel pump relays. Make sure they are getting power and they are working properly. You can cross the appropriate posts as well to test.
swl
QUOTE(oldschool @ Jan 26 2010, 10:42 PM) *

QUOTE(swl @ Jan 26 2010, 05:48 AM) *

what 2? my book show only 1? also does my computer needs to be grounded?

Fuel pump relay and the main power relay. The ECU is grounded through the wiring harness.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.