Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Metal GT NOS Flares
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
varunan123

would appreciate help in locating rear metal NOS GT flares for restoration of a significant GT.Will pay top dollar willing to beg pray.gif Thanks in advance.Either PM or email esivalingammdpa@comcast.net.

Raj
zymurgist
Can't help on NOS, but there is a group buy on repros from Auto Atlanta right now for $600 a set.
JoeSharp
I happen to know where 6 factory flairs are. One set that I have and another 2 that I believe to be the leftside. Tell me about your project please.
varunan123
it's none other than harry bytzek's 1971 IMSA 2nd overall placed car with a 906 engine,the rear flares are fiber and i want to do the car justice.I will post pix.I am in touch with harry on a regular basis to do the car justice.The only car imported by VW canada and possibly the only 914/6 ever imported into canada

Raj
mepstein
We need pictures, please?
Sher
i know of another canadian factory six, not sure of its origin tho...
pete-stevers
opps i posted under Shers account
ChicagoPete
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Jan 26 2010, 07:01 PM) *

opps i posted under Shers account

That's funny, I was bidding on stuff on eBay with my wife's account. Uh oh, she wasn't supposed to see that!

Raj, check Stoddard they have some in stock. Not reasonable though.
wgfp
QUOTE(varunan123 @ Jan 26 2010, 10:26 AM) *

would appreciate help in locating rear metal NOS GT flares for restoration of a significant GT.Will pay top dollar willing to beg pray.gif Thanks in advance.Either PM or email esivalingammdpa@comcast.net.

Raj

I need fronts only. If you want rears I will purcase a full set on the Auto Atlanta group buy and sell the rears to you. E mail wgfpandrie@aol.com with your telephone number or call me soon at 408 656 0557. Costs split down the middle. Cheers, Larry
mepstein
Wrapping up the steel flare group buy at the end of this month. Super low price will not be repeated. Call me with any questions. Thank you, Mark Epstein 302.355.0684
carr914
Raj,

They are out there, but you will have to be patient, or perhaps they will fall into your lap. In the last 2 years I have had 3 sets of NOS Flares - 1 set is on my car, the other sets I sold, but I'm pretty sure they are on cars now. But I will check my buyers.

If the car you are doing came with F/G, they will probably be able to fit a larger wheel than Steel. And if that is the what the car was done with originally , you may want to stay with F/G

T.C.
bdstone914
QUOTE(varunan123 @ Jan 26 2010, 09:26 AM) *

Raj

Stoddard shows 3 of the four flares available new. Each is over $1000.

http://www.stoddard.com/shop/shopdisplaypr...ture+Body+Parts

Bruce
JoeSharp
Raj: I agree with TC. I want 2K for the set and I won't split them up. I have had the other flairs in my hands and know the quality of the products. I am not a CW by any means but I won't sell these to someone doing a -6 coversion. There arn't any left. Did your car come with f/g flairs?
tomburdge
QUOTE(varunan123 @ Jan 26 2010, 12:41 PM) *

it's none other than harry bytzek's 1971 IMSA 2nd overall placed car with a 906 engine,the rear flares are fiber and i want to do the car justice.I will post pix.I am in touch with harry on a regular basis to do the car justice.The only car imported by VW canada and possibly the only 914/6 ever imported into canada

Raj

I know of one other 914 /6 imported to Canada.It happens to be the Daytona 24 winning and factory built 914/6 GT (#5) owned and raced to victory by Jacque Duval in 1971.He transported the car from Canada to Daytona with a rented Avis van and single axle trailer in the middle of the winter no less.

Ask me how I know.

Tom B.
varunan123

hey guys

here is the thread on the resto.I will start to post here since i am no longer with the earlySregistry

http://www.early911sregistry.org/forum/sho...ead.php?t=27613
sixnotfour
Raj and wgfp , I have a set of AA you can have right now 800 shipped.
front to wgfp - rears to varunan123

Jeff
wgfp
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 27 2010, 07:45 PM) *

Raj and wgfp , I have a set of AA you can have right now 800 shipped.
front to wgfp - rears to varunan123

Jeff

Call me about the fronts or e mail your number to wgfpandrie@aol.com

Cheers, Larry 408 656 0557
Rob914
I have two NOS factory flares. I did not buy them as a pair. I can post the part numbers on Saturday if you are still looking. Let me know.

Rob
varunan123
rob

yes please email me

Raj
gms
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Jan 27 2010, 09:03 AM) *

Raj: I agree with TC. I want 2K for the set and I won't split them up. I have had the other flairs in my hands and know the quality of the products. I am not a CW by any means but I won't sell these to someone doing a -6 coversion. There arn't any left. Did your car come with f/g flairs?

Joe I can assure you that Raj's car is worthy of these fender flares!
it is an 1971 IMSA race car, very cool!

5/15/1971 - 200 mile Talladega - 5th overall - 4th in class
6/27/1971 - 3 h Bridgehampton - 4th overall - 3rd in class
9/19/1971 - 250 mile Summit Point - 5th overall - 5th in class
12/4/1971 - 200 mile Texas - 7th overall - 5th in class
5/29/1972 - 200 mile Lime Rock - 36th overall - 14th in class
Rob914
I have front flares 914-503-905-00-GRV and 914-503-906-906-GRV but I don't have rears.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
varunan123

rob

can you email me with pricing.esivalingammdpa@comcast.net.

Raj
Rob914
Email sent. Let me know if you didn't receive it.

Rob
IronHillRestorations
Here's the set I've got Raj. I'm having problems sending attachments.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
varunan123

sent you email pleasesend payment info.Thanks again pray.gif

Raj
JoeSharp
Way Kool. Raj, please post pics of your car and the progress in the Garage.
a914luvr
I've got a LF and a RR, genuine Porsche, NOS if anyone wants them. Can provide pics. Would sell for $750 shipped for both.
Carrerajon
beerchug.gif Hi there....Was dinking around and found this post.

Did not know if you still needed the flairs or not but I have a full original factory set that has never been mounted or bodgered up.

My Dad bought his original 6 and sent in the card that came with it and they sent the flairs and some other small items. He never mounted them and my show car is too nice to consider cutting up. Was going to make a GT repo a few years ago but the project stalled.

Have the flairs here and do not look like I will ever use them........

If still interested, shoot me an Email directly to Carrerajon@aol.com and we can chat..

I am in Roswell GA N or Atlanta....

Thanks! John Hinds
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.