Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Requests for a pinned topic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
If you would like something pinned this is my guidline. I'm not sure what the other admins use, but this is mine.

1. When is the event? If it's more than 2 weeks away I won't pin it - unless it's an item like the WCC
2. Does it really need to be pinned? Will pinning really matter? I ask that for a couple reasons because people miss the pinned items frequently. I tested this by posting the same info in a pinned topic and in an unpinned topic. The unpinned topic had 5-6 times more action than the pinned topic. You can bump unpinned topics to keep them near the top if need be.
3. Don't yell or tell us to pin it, ask please.
4. How much crap is already pinned? If there is very much then it's unlikely to get pinned. Too many pinned topics make the page cluttered feeling.

Have a good day!
Gint
I never really gave it enough thought to actually document...

I'm pretty much in agreement with Sean. agree.gif
Rusty
More or less, those are the guidelines I use. I'm more flexible if there are only a few items pins.

I ignore more than half of the pinning requests... because it's stuff that doesn't need to be pinned.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Bleyseng
Admins, could you pin this! wink.gif
Rusty
Geez! Currently 9 pinned topics? Some admins are far nicer than I am... I'd have kicked a few of them to the curb.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Bleyseng
Yeah it sucks since I view this BBS on a 12" laptop!!!
Brad Roberts
Can all the breakfast thread crap.

I 100% agree with Sean. This is exactly how I determine what gets pinned and what doesnt. I quickly figured out nobody reads them.

B
Gint
Geez! Currently 9 pinned topics? Some admins are far nicer than I am... I'd have kicked a few of them to the curb.

Watchya waitin for?
Bleyseng
now you can delete this dumb thread too......

Geoff finger.gif
Rusty
Watchya waitin for?

Already done. I was busy reading.

-Rusty smoke.gif

P.S. If you shout orders at the Admins with something like "ADMINS NAIL THIS NOW" or some such bullshit... expect to get your message ignored (or maybe even edited). None of us appreciate being yelled at... none of want our @sses kissed, but a polite PM will do wonders (within the above guidelines, of course).
Bleyseng
prissy bunch aren't ya..........
Qarl
Can I nominate this thread for classic status?
SirAndy
QUOTE(kellzey @ Mar 24 2004, 10:15 AM)
Can I nominate this thread for classic status?

NO!
Gint
QUOTE(Bleyseng Posted on Mar 24 2004 @ 10:49 AM)

Not at all.

But if certain members have trouble posting today, huh.gif well... wink.gif
rick 918-S
Go ahead and unpin me! I dare ya! chair.gif (Just kidding) happy11.gif You guys are great. You make the right decisions.
Rusty

lol2.gif Yeahhhh... that's us. finger.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.