Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Llumar "Air Blue Ceramic" Tint that looks Factory!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
detoxcowboy
Click to view attachment
drunk.gif Drunken Share..

I just wanted to post a heads up option to tinting and maintaining a factory appeal while preserving you interior vs. full charcoal tint job made of carbon.. . I went to the tint shop to get a tint on all my windows including the front windscreen. This after seaching everywhere and driving 100 miles for Factory Tinted German Glass. I wound up with factory Sekruit green doors and vents, Factory Sekruit clear rear defrost (they never made it in green w/ defrost) and A west german Sigla Front (kinda light blue clear maybeish)
Anyways it was anoyying to me to have 3 different colored glass. Long Story Short Llamar is the beszt tint and they just came out with cermaic for automotive in what they call AIR BLUE, it does not block alot of light but blocks just about all the heat and UV. We did a test at the shop with a heat lamp and on the clear and 15% (whihc is as dark as you go before 5% limo) I could feel heat from the lamp easily through both and there really was not much difference, then we tried the ceramic Air Blue and I could fell nothing and it is clear but has a blue tint in the same levels as the factory green. And you cannot tell it is even tinted when done, all the glass turned out same clear blue tint that looks like factory glass but savces your interior.. Anyways I do not know but last Summer I grew a 7 inch crack in my front windshield (that I was told was new a year ago) and my crackless dash grew 3 cracks..
ahdoman
Is it a paint or a film?
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(ahdoman @ Jan 27 2010, 05:21 PM) *

Is it a paint or a film?

It is a film and comes with lifetime warranty at an place that installs llumar, most of the tint shops do as it is "the best" in quailty..
number6
Thank you for sharing!

If you have time, could you post some more photos? Car in direct sun light (a few feet back), in shade, from interior looking out... I'm quite curious just how blue the tint is.

Many thanks in advance!

-duc
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(number6 @ Jan 27 2010, 06:33 PM) *

Thank you for sharing!

If you have time, could you post some more photos? Car in direct sun light (a few feet back), in shade, from interior looking out... I'm quite curious just how blue the tint is.

Many thanks in advance!

-duc

I will do when it cures and I can clean it and put my interior back in, I removed all my glass to get the best possible job.. this first picture is n the shade so it is a bit darker than actual .. you can also just go to a tinti shope and see./.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(number6 @ Jan 27 2010, 06:33 PM) *

Thank you for sharing!

Many thanks in advance!

-duc

I will do it tommorow is sun in and out, but it will be a bit dirty.. from the inside i could not even tell i had anything done really, but outside it looks like factory glass just bluish instead of greenish..
steveherman
since i have a perfect dash i did this a few weeks ago.
it blocks like 99% of the ultra violet rays.
the front windshield ALONE was $129.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(steveherman @ Jan 27 2010, 07:18 PM) *

since i have a perfect dash i did this a few weeks ago.
it blocks like 99% of the ultra violet rays.
the front windshield ALONE was $129.

i thought i got a pretty good deal, $350 for the entire car.. even a closer tint shop had the regular carbon based llamar and they wanted $350 for that.. the guy i went to was going to do the carbon llamar for $180 and told me the ceramic would be double so and it was.. really got to research and get quotes, warranties and pics of previous works.. here is the guy i went to in So. Cal. he has alot of pics posted, and wants a pic of my car after i paint next month or so.. I am paitning Marathon Blue (pale silver mettalic blue) should look nice with the air blue tint.. like nothing blue tint, kinda hard to describe like air..

http://www.aterrifictint.com/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.