Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: April or May spring run for the NW guys?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jakeodoule
Hey everyone, I want to start a dialog on a spring 914 drive. I was thinking of a two day drive in April, May or June. I am open to anything.

Anyone interested? I am willing to disorganize the whole deal. No entry fees or anything just a bunch of cool people hang'n out.

Say we meet mid valley Oregon and head east then north the into Wa and back to the valley somewhere around Mt Rainer.
That way guys from the south would be close to the start and guys from the north would be close to the end????

With a stop over in Eastern Oregon somewhere. I have traveled most all of the roads on a motorcycle and could lay out a awesome route with inexpensive lodging in Eastern Oregon. This way we can spend a night having beers around a campfire or something.
Maybe even camp if anyone is interested. I know a great place with cabins and camping.

What do you think?
Be good to have a deadline to get your car sorted too.
If your like me having a deadline is the best way to Get r dun....

I am also willing to have a driver roll my Pick-up with a flat bed trailer if you think its required....
Dr Evil
Hmmmm, May-be.
RJMII
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 27 2010, 08:33 PM) *

Hmmmm, May-be.

agree.gif

I've been itching to go hang with a few really cool PNW guys... so Hmmmm, May-be...

popcorn[1].gif
scotty
QUOTE(RJMII @ Jan 27 2010, 07:41 PM) *

Hmmmm, May-be.

agree.gif

I've been itching to go hang with a few really cool PNW guys... so Hmmmm, May-be...

popcorn[1].gif

Maybe...depends on what's going on with teh job at the time, plus April's kinda still cold east-side.

I owe people food/booze for the help/facilities/tools/laughs during the rebuild clinic beer.gif
Dr Evil
Not to be a complete whore, but if anyone needs some work done for a good price I can afford to come out smile.gif I want to hang with ya'll again, but the budget is tight dry.gif Talk amongst yourselves wink.gif
PeeGreen 914
I think I'll be up for that:D
JRust
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 27 2010, 08:51 PM) *

I think I'll be up for that:D

Come on I think you'll be DOWN with that. Not only appropriatte but sounds much cooler poke.gif

I will be up for it rolleyes.gif . I would say april as the WCR is in May & in tahoe. I think so anyway. Either way I'll have a car ready to go driving.gif . No more rental crap
RJMII
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 27 2010, 09:56 PM) *

Either way I'll have a car ready to go driving.gif . No more rental crap

bs.gif poke.gif popcorn[1].gif
Jakeodoule
I forgot about the Tahoe deal..... Maybe we make it a single day cruise like in the fall.

Or we could move to a two day fall cruise, I really don't care.
I just know how peoples summer weekends fill up quick.
6freak
Im in driving.gif two day trip would be awesome
NORD

I'd be up for a two day weekend trip in the spring!!!!! driving.gif
Dr Evil
Early April I have a concert to go to, late April I have the Mid Engine Invasion at Hershey swap. Sometime in between would be cool with me if it had to be April.
Todd Enlund
I'm in, schedule permitting...
number6
Mid April would be good - it'll motivate me to get the silver car done. Hopefully the schedule will allow time for more socializing, too. Over food, ideally smile.gif
number6

Hmmmm, May-be.

agree.gif

popcorn[1].gif

2 people I'd very much like to meet in person. C'mon, guys, just commit! And if you don't mind roughin' it with a sleeping bag or on the sofa, mi casa es su casa.

-duc
DNHunt
I'm in depending on the weekend

Dave
Porsche Rescue
popcorn[1].gif
I live in Bend, OR now. I would like to join for the middle leg of such trip. April will still be pretty cold here but should be snow free. May-June much better.
Jakeodoule
OK how about May 15-16 or 22-23? Any takers? Little later and the weather would be warmer. Anyone from the north is welcome to come stay at my place Friday night to be closer to the start on Sat. Whatever works.

After considering the Tahoe deal I just don't think I can take the time off to get down there and back. I'd have to leave on a Wed and return on Monday. Thats 3 days off work. Plus it would be heaps more $$
This deal would only be the weekend. I don't want to piss off anyone organizing the Tahoe deal, but it is what it is.

Dr. Evil, If you flew in on Thursday night we could take a couple of my bikes out friday and ride up to Mt St. Helens. Lets see you resist that!!
Dr Evil
I am in $$ depending. I need to raise some capital for an airline ticket. smile.gif
montoya 73 2.0
I'm in also, regardless of teener being ready! Would bring wife along, anyone else? Tell me when and where and I'm there!
JRust
After the last Falling leaf tour. My wife really enjoyed it. So I am sure schedule permitting she will come along. Do not schedule it during WCR or a week before or after. We don't need to be be choosing between the 2. I'm still not a postive on going to WCR this year. If I can swing it I want to be able to do both though. So it would be better if it wasn't to close to WCR dates. This is a no brainer as it will be plenty cheap. WCR definately takes some more dough but is worth the trip.

I'm all for getting a PNW 914 meet going. I set up 3 of these back in the mid 90's. It was just a one day get together though. I think it would be great to set up as a yearly deal too. Something a little more localized pulls in more people from the general area. Knowing the crew we have here in the PNW we could have a real kick ass event aktion035.gif
Shade Tree
Since I missed the falling leaf tour last year, I'd really like to make this one. However, I AM going to Tahoe so if this happens in May, well, maybe we can schedule another run later in the summer...... Maybe it can include Hwy 242 over the old McKenzie pass?? That's one crazy road. It has new pavement too. The corners are so sharp, you can see your own tail lights. driving.gif If you haven't been there, it goes right through the middle of the lava beds/volcanoes and has some of the best scenery in the state....and that's saying a lot. If you want to haul ass, you have to get there early in the morning before the tourist crowd shows up.
6freak
I dont haul ass on public roads ...save it for AX and track days ...just lots safer that way ..and the last thing i need on a tour is to see someone hurt or there car smashed up...JMO
scotty
QUOTE(6freak @ Jan 28 2010, 02:23 PM) *

I dont haul ass on public roads ...save it for AX and track days ...just lots safer that way ..and the last thing i need on a tour is to see someone hurt or there car smashed up...JMO

agree.gif

Highway 31 is pretty scenic (hint)
Shade Tree
Alright, you guys. I wasn't talking about a race or anything dangerous. It's just a fun road. Maybe haul ass was a poor choice of words. I'll rephrase. Go early if you don't want to follow a motor home going 20mph the whole way. KMA.gif
aircooledtechguy
This sounds like a blast. Whenever it is, I hope my schedule allows it!! driving.gif My wife may be persuaded to come if others bring their wives. . .
Jakeodoule
Ok I'm going to retract the two day thingy and plan it in the fall.
Its just too close to the WCR thing in Tahoe. I don't want anyone to have to decide between the two. I also don't want pull any people from the hard work the WCR guys have done.
Lets do a one day drive out of the Portland area in April. That way people that are going to Tahoe can use our drive as a shake down cruise or something like that. We can do it on a Sat. and then anyone who wants to camp or stay at my place is welcome. We can have a nice bonfire and a few beers Sat night. ohtay?

We will plan a nice 2 day drive n the fall with a camp out or something like that. I willl start another thread later in the spring on that.
In the mean time lets just talk about a date for a single day cruise
Sound like a plan?
jsaum
QUOTE(Jakeodoule @ Jan 28 2010, 05:13 PM) *

Ok I'm going to retract the two day thingy and plan it in the fall.
Its just too close to the WCR thing in Tahoe. I don't want anyone to have to decide between the two. I also don't want pull any people from the hard work the WCR guys have done.
Lets do a one day drive out of the Portland area in April. That way people that are going to Tahoe can use our drive as a shake down cruise or something like that. We can do it on a Sat. and then anyone who wants to camp or stay at my place is welcome. We can have a nice bonfire and a few beers Sat night. ohtay?

We will plan a nice 2 day drive n the fall with a camp out or something like that. I willl start another thread later in the spring on that.
In the mean time lets just talk about a date for a single day cruise
Sound like a plan?

Sounds like fun I'm in providing I get my car back together!
Dr Evil
I understand, but bummer. I will be suffering the death of my social life in July (no life for at least 1 year, probably 3).
Jakeodoule
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 28 2010, 06:43 PM) *

I understand, but bummer. I will be suffering the death of my social life in July (no life for at least 1 year, probably 3).

I might rethink going to Tahoe if you came out and we drove down together.
Or you can just come out and we'll go riding on the bikes Friday, teener on Sat and then riding again on Sunday.... Whatever works Mike, It be great to host you again.
I'm up for anything.
You need to see more of the NW my friend as well as drink more of the NW great micro beers.
pete-stevers
i would love to make the trip down for a drive...er a tour....
but depending on me gettin my cis in order
i might even bring Sher
JRust
Tahoe is really not to far. I think between 8-9 hours from my place. If anyone decides to go to WCR we can have a good caravan. I put up Mike & Todd at my place before we caravaned down last year. Happy to have anyone crash at my place again.

For the NW run I think a 2 day event is fine. Most the guys that come may not do the full 2 days but are close enough they may meet up both days. Or can bail in route pretty easily either day too. Without the travel being to bad for most of us it is a pretty inexpensive weekend. Hard to beat teener time driving.gif . I'm allready chomping at the bit.

I am getting a taste pretty soon though. Happen to be in Vegas the week of Route 66 in Arizona. So I am staying a couple extra days & driving over for that. Very cool as work is paying for most the trip chowtime.gif . I Just pay my gas driving over & the hotel in AZ. Oh yeah & food although work may pay for that too!

Anyway figure a time & lets set it up man. I'd love cabins or yerts or something. Where we can still do a campfie & BS most the night. Then go inside & sleep comfortably smile.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Jakeodoule @ Jan 28 2010, 07:08 PM) *

I might rethink going to Tahoe if you came out and we drove down together.
Or you can just come out and we'll go riding on the bikes Friday, teener on Sat and then riding again on Sunday.... Whatever works Mike, It be great to host you again.
I'm up for anything.
You need to see more of the NW my friend as well as drink more of the NW great micro beers.

He left a bottle in my fridge. I have great restraint. It is still there.

Of course it doesn't hurt that I have so much other beer to choose from...
Dr Evil
Todd,
drink it! My god, it is not wine. wink.gif

John, I am willing to fly out and drive down. When is this thing? I may need to do a fire sale on bolts to afford the ticket smile.gif Doesnt your wife have connections?
montoya 73 2.0
I didn't see a date as of yet. I usually go down to San Jose, Ca. in April (this year will be 4/18) for the VW Kelly park car show. Then back down to Sacramento on Memorial day weekend (5/29 - 5/30) for the VW Bug-O-Rama at the raceways. Other than that I'm pretty open for any dates!
mstein95
popcorn[1].gif

If she starts - I'll be there.
Unless of course its scheduled same time as Tahoe cause, well, you know, its Tahoe.

I'd be up for a pre-Tahoe event. Just to make sure everything's working correctly.

montoya 73 2.0
Okay. The wife is excited to go and she was upset with me when I told her we may not be taking the teener if its not ready but driving the Jeep instead? She said I'm a wiennie if I can't get it ready in time! Yes, I'm talking about the Teener still! Hopefully things work out?
davesclassicvws
I would recomend either another stop like Mosier or maybe a car show where we show up in force. What about rally up at the Rose city bug in. I know we would be openly accepted if we had a small fleet of cars. Another possiblity is the "End of the World Rod Run" in Long Beach, WA. Just some suggestions. What ever we decide to do I'm in.
RJMII
QUOTE(number6 @ Jan 28 2010, 01:52 AM) *

Hmmmm, May-be.

agree.gif

popcorn[1].gif

2 people I'd very much like to meet in person. C'mon, guys, just commit! And if you don't mind roughin' it with a sleeping bag or on the sofa, mi casa es su casa.

-duc

Duc, I'll see what I can do! I'm sorting out some irons in my fire, per se and will put forth a lot of effort to making this one.

If Jamie has a running car, I'll need to be there to see it for myself. poke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.