Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Distributorless Ignition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
badm
Found this, are any of you guys using this? COMPU-TRONIX DIS6 Ben.

www.compu-tronix.com/index.htm
racerx9146
Interesting, its looks decent and priced okay (ish) but I see it as probably not worth the effort. You are still limited to the 2D advance curve set by the bosch distributor weights. I figure if you entertain this type of mod you engine is not stock and the factory curve will only be okay.

I have been entertaining using this http://www.autosportlabs.com/

Crank fired ignition with programmable curves using Ford EDIS components. 3d spark curve based on tps or vacuum signal. A little harder to do and not as clean but more attractive for my purposes.

I think the unit you found may be very attractive for a more stockish usage.

John D
jmmotorsports
I am using an Electromotive HPV-1 on my v8. It works great,has given no problems. A lot of 911 guys are using them and you can find good deals on used ones.

Jerry
pete-stevers
i am thinking 964 right now for my distributor ....sorry, i would rather a distributor
and i think there is a bit of division on this issue... stirthepot.gif
ahdoman
Here's an extremely long thread I started over on the bird board on the subject. Really good info here;

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-engine-...k-ignition.html
Mark Henry
I will most likely go with the megajolt jr. set up, but I'm also on the fence on doing a full MS EFI set up or stick with my carbs.

The stock dizzy would need to be recurved and I don't have a CDI box, coill etc. so that's my thinking on the ignitiion. Also my webers are set up for 2.0 so I would need to re-jet and change the ventuies, etc. Plus the fact I'm basically at the limits of the 40IDA carb with a 3.0
ahdoman
Mark - I got an email from Brent at AUtosportlabs (MegaJolt). He says they are in the last stages on development for a unit that will work with COP's. It also has a module for adding EFI as well.
J P Stein
Pretty tough to beat a good old distributor with an MSD (or the like) set up.
It offers spark you won't get from any of the above mentioned systems.....particularly if you have a non-CIS cam. You can take my word for it or you can battle the tuning issues that Webers dump on your poor unprepared motors.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.