Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arms worth saving?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Ok,

After a month of not touching the parts cars I am motivated again wub.gif

Tonight I plan to finish prep work for engine removal.
But while under the car this morning I was looking
at the front suspension. This is a 71 and the front A arms have the mounting tabs for a front sway bar.
Are these worth saving? They have surface rust but
seem solid. I can't post a pic since the wife to the
digital camera to work. I think all they would need
is to be blasted and painted and they would be fine.
Is there a need for these?

- Garold
Engman
Not a lot of call for them as you can add the tab. Maybe someone here will chime in and say they want em.

Now what does the front trunk look like?

Hmmmm.......

M
GaroldShaffer
You are welcome to cut any body part of the car you
want, heck everyone is welcome. I haven't cut one
up yet so bring it on. sawzall-smiley.gif

This is what the front trunk looks like.
Aaron Cox
Garold, do you have this piece? Simply uncrew it....
Engman
Ok - you have my atention - Do you have any pics of the front woitout bumper and how good bad are the bottom of the headlight wells and under them? I need most of these areas and I gotta cut em out of the 74LE on mine. Stupid PO never cleaned out the tubes and he left it sitting for 8 years before I got it. It clogged the tubes and filled the frint trunk with water which...........

M
GaroldShaffer
do you have this piece? Simply uncrew it....

I should have I can check in the AM for you.

Do you have any pics of the front woitout bumper and how good bad are the bottom of the headlight wells and under them?

Not good. I do have the 70 outside let me take a few pics. back in 10min.
GaroldShaffer
OK the good bad & ugly. Like I said the 71 is junk.
GaroldShaffer
The 70 outside looks great, the trunk floor is toast but headlight wells are perfect. I still have the bumper on the car. If it doesn't rain tomorrow I can drop it and get a pic for ya. Here is a few pics.
GaroldShaffer
passenger side headlight well
GaroldShaffer
The driver side headlight well. If this works to what you need you are welcome to come cut what you want / need.
Engman
Cool ... Looks like I may have found at least some of what I need. You and I have some dealing to do.....

M
majkos
acox914?
I found one in my tub/roller smilie_pokal.gif
Where do I send it to?
PM me. kposhea@qwest.net
Aaron Cox
PM sent....
GaroldShaffer
Aaron - I have one also if you still need it.

Engman - Started to remove the bumper yesterday when the rain hit. It hasn't stop raining since. Hopefully I will have some time this weekend to work on getting the bumper off. The F'n bolts are so rusted I had to use a propane torch to heat up the bolts. I only got one out so far. mad.gif

You are welcome to come anytime and cut off what you need. Just let me know when.
fiid
I could use a set of A-arms.

Are the trailing arms good?

$$?
GaroldShaffer
I can post a pic of the arms tonight, they are still on the car. Its been a slow process parting this car out. My honey-do list keeps growing and I have less time to tinker with the parts car.

How do you tell if the trailing arms are good? This car at in the same spot for 22 yrs before I brought
it home, so i would think they are ok. No sign of body damage just a lot of rust.

- Garold
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.