Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Restored Clock $110 shipped
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914Sixer
Restored by North Hollywood. Their price starts at $160. Buy it here cheap! $110

Paypal: a914nut@email.com
Tom_T
Quartz Zeit or Keinzle ??
914Sixer
Quartz Ziet.
detoxcowboy
I bought a clock from "sixer" and it is perfect..
Tom_T
It looks beautiful & North Hollywood does excellent work!

Unfortunately, I need a Keinzle Clock for my early-73 2L to be period correct. sad.gif

I've been trying to work a trade/sale with another guy on here who has a Keinzle, for a Quartz Zeit which I got in a complete console from yet another guy here, but am not sure if that will come through & thought I would ask!

And Mark's a reliable seller & great guy, as I've gotten parts from him before too! smile.gif

Good Luck Mark! beerchug.gif
914Sixer
Tom,
You must have a very early production clock. Does it have a 1972 production date on the back? All the 914 and 911 in 1973 went to the quartz movement.
Tom_T
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 29 2010, 11:14 AM) *

Tom,
You must have a very early production clock. Does it have a 1972 production date on the back? All the 914 and 911 in 1973 went to the quartz movement.

Mark,

I'm going by the p914.com gauge info. the 73 & early 74 MY were Keinzles, see here:
http://p914.com/p914_gauges_clocks.htm

A couple of "as original" early 73 MY 914-2Ls which I'm using as references have the Keinzle clocks.

I'm trying to correctly to "recreate" the center console/gauges that were originally in my early-73 MY 914S / 914-2.0 built 8/72 (Chassis no. for 8/31/72), which had been removed by the PO/OO &/or dealer when I bought it back in 1975 (I'm only the 2nd owner I'm pretty sure).

So I don't have a clock yet, but in addition to the above - the early 73 MY production apparently had some carry-over before they switched to the later gen parts (e.g.: early doors, mine has late front & early rear brake calipers, etc.), so even if 73 was the switch to Quartz Zeit - I suppose the early ones used the Keinzle clocks until the stock was depleted, or until the Quartz Zeits became available on the line.

So maybe I'll just hang onto the Quartz Zeit I got with that console just in case!!?? dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.