Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to buy Speed Bleeders in North Seattle area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ppeters914
Hit my local Schucks/O'Reilly, but they only carry 3/8x24 Speed Bleeders. Called BowWow, but they don't carry 'em either.

Before I start calling every other FLAPS, anyone know offhand where I can get Speed Bleeders in the North Seattle (Washington) area?

I'm in a time-crunch to get the car moved this weekend, so don't have time to mail order. Yeah, yeah, the Seven P's and all that.

Thanks.

Pete
effutuo101
bump...
no idea. Sorry.
PanelBilly
I had a tough time just getting the regular ones local
bandjoey
Got mine at NAPA
tat2dphreak
Eric shea has them cheap and will ship them.
VaccaRabite
NAPA and Autozone out here in PA can always get them next day, though they rarely have them in stock on the shelf.
type11969
I made a pressure bleeder out of an oil bottle cap, a cut up clear plastic fuel filter, and some rubber fuel line to connect from the fuel filter nipple (siliconed in to the bottle cap) to the air gun nozzle on my compressor hose. Set the regulator on the compressor to ~5psi, screw the oil bottle cap on to the brake reservoir and crack each bleeder. Speed bleeders are probably a little easier but definitely much more expensive!

I don't know if the oil bottle cap will fit on a 914 brake fluid reservoir but it fit well enough on the reservoir on my bus to seal. A spare 914 reservoir cap would do the trick. Or a bike innertube cut and hose-clamped on to the reservoir fill (remove the check valve in the tube stem and use the stem as the nipple).

Just some alternates . . .

-Chris
ppeters914
Yes, I know I can get them mail order/special order, but the car has to be moved this Sunday, and I didn't think to order the bleeders last week. headbang.gif

Oh, well....

"Pump and hold, honey....again.....again. Okay, rest your foot while I fill the reservoir. Okay, ready?.....pump and....." piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.