Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Overhauling the wiper linkage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ppeters914
Searched, but didn't find answer.

Pulled my wiper linkage apart. Amazing they worked at all.

Are any of the parts available to rebuild them, i.e. the bushings, snap ring, or washers, especially the spring washer that's on the linkage side of the bushing shaft?

Any recommendations on grease? I'm thinking Phil Wood's Waterproof Grease, or NL2 wheel bearing grease, but welcome other known solutions.
Thanks.

Pete
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(ppeters914 @ Jan 28 2010, 05:23 PM) *

Searched, but didn't find answer.

Pulled my wiper linkage apart. Amazing they worked at all.

Are any of the parts available to rebuild them, i.e. the bushings, snap ring, or washers, especially the spring washer that's on the linkage side of the bushing shaft?

Any recommendations on grease? I'm thinking Phil Wood's Waterproof Grease, or NL2 wheel bearing grease, but welcome other known solutions.
Thanks.

Pete

I know that pelican parts has and sierramadrecollection has wiper parts though maybe not all you looking for.. you have to dig a little at sierra but wiper spring washers and top and bottomrubber bushings are there same as pelican [parts
914Sixer
Must people just find another rack but good used ones are going to get hard to find because of the bushings wearing out after 35 years.
ppeters914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 29 2010, 02:02 PM) *

Must people just find another rack but good used ones are going to get hard to find because of the bushings wearing out after 35 years.

So, the bushings are unobtanium, or not an issue because most 914's never see rain? dry.gif
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(ppeters914 @ Feb 4 2010, 07:57 AM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 29 2010, 02:02 PM) *

So, the bushings are unobtanium, or not an issue because most 914's never see rain? dry.gif

I just bought the upper and lower bushings a couple months ago.. They are out there as stated above , unless of course I am not understanding your bushings?? Pelican Parts, also you can upload the parts diagram there if you do not see what your looking for and order than way, made from germany maybe not.. but if you order the below you will have in 2 days.. same w/ sieera but maybe I am off and that is my fault and nevermind me ..

901-628-923-01-OEM Rubber Bushing Sleeve, Windshield Wiper System, 914 (1970-76), Each [More Info]
Brand: Genuine Porsche
Windshield Wiper Arms
[view in catalog] $13.00

901-628-924-00-OEM Rubber Bushing, Windshield Wiper System, 914 (1970-76), Each [More Info]
Brand: Genuine Porsche

the little washers, and the big washers. caps ect. are at sierra madre collection..
ericread
I got my parts from SierraMadre:

http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/store/cart.php

However, you should try GPR, as they have a bunch of stuff, and they're pretty active here.

Eric
detoxcowboy
sierra madre just looked at them sometimes you have to look at other Porsche models to get what your looking for at sieera as they catalog poorly..

Wiper Shaft Spring Washer
Washer shaft spring washer

I prefer GPR over most, have part no.'s on the ready though for such an non everyday item.. ..
Drums66
As to the greasy question........silicone aircraft grade if you can get it!!
or Lithium grease.(white) idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.