Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tie Rod End Boot Repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yeahmag
Has anyone ever successfully repaired (or replaced) small cuts in a tie rod end boot? I got a set of used turbo tie rods that have several nicks in the boots. Looks fresh, not like it had been on the car that way - they are clean.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Jan 29 2010, 09:01 AM) *

Has anyone ever successfully repaired (or replaced) small cuts in a tie rod end boot? I got a set of used turbo tie rods that have several nicks in the boots. Looks fresh, not like it had been on the car that way - they are clean.

used to sell a boot but no more. Try a set of replacement tie rod ends. They can be had for only 14.50 each or so very high quality
bandjoey
On the shifter boot I coated nylon window screen with black rtv silicone glue and the patch is holding up great
Geezer914
Try 3M black weather stripping adhesive.
type47
I bought a replacement boot for $5 each. Close enough. If you want, I'll search for the source or receipt.
yeahmag
That would be great. Thanks.
zzwhm
Zims Autotechnik sells the rod boots.

QUOTE(yeahmag @ Jan 29 2010, 10:29 PM) *

That would be great. Thanks.

jonferns
Do you have a link? I cant find it on their site. Thanks
tomeric914
Here's what I did.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=95848&hl=
yeahmag
So I ended up gluing them. I bought the tie rod boots from Energy Suspension, but they don't seem like they would work very well. Nice fit up top, but very loose around the fat end of the joint (bottom).

The Super Glue seems to work great! Just cleaned them up with some random paint clean up stuff I had, let them dry out, and glued away!

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.