Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MSD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underthetire
Found a MSD dizzy copy that i'd like to run with the megasquirt. Was going to to a crank fire, but this wil be a good stop gap till I get my big motor built. Question is, will it fit in a type4, the sheetmetal looks like it would be tight.
Mike Bellis
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Need more info...
underthetire
Um, if i had a pic, then i would know if it fits. Only 1 MSD dizzy available to fit a VW aircooled.
Kirmizi
If it's the same size as the Mallory Unilite, you'll have to massage the tin a bit.
Mike
swapped
QUOTE(Kirmizi @ Jan 30 2010, 08:19 AM) *

If it's the same size as the Mallory Unilite, you'll have to massage the tin a bit.
Mike

For 'massage the tin a bit', read 'whack the tin with a hammer' and the MSD fits just fine.

Cupomeat
Well, I have a unilite with the vacuum advance and it fits in my 1.8 stock engine.

Click to view attachment

The timing gear had better be indexed correctly, as there is precious little space for timing adjustment with that vacuum diaphragm.

BUT, it is a rock solid dist, and make sure you put the gray advance springs in it, or buy it that way.

I hope that helps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.