Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dellorto DRLA Sizing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bobhasissues
Aircooled.net makes the following statement about sizing Dells vs. Webers:

"Dellorto DRLA: is essentially the same carb as the Weber IDF, just made by Dellorto. It comes in 36, 40, 45, and 48 mm sizes. It's important to note that the DRLA carb sizing is 1 step larger than the equivalent Weber. A 36 mm Dellorto is equivalent to a 40 mm Weber; a 45mm Dellorto is equivalent to a 48mm Weber; etc."

Is this a correct statement?

Looking to run dual DRLA's on my 2056. Currently have 40 IDF's. Based upon the statement above, the equivalent would be 36 Dells.

From the various classifieds and other info I seen so far, it seems most are running the same size DRLA as an IDF.

Anyone here running Dells on a 2.0 or 2056?

If so, what size carb, vent, mains, air and idle jets are working for you.
sean_v8_914
what heads? what cam? the 36mm seemed to work better with the stock cam while the 40mm worked better ona 2056 with a hotter cam and some head work
bobhasissues
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Jan 30 2010, 01:32 PM) *

what heads? what cam? the 36mm seemed to work better with the stock cam while the 40mm worked better ona 2056 with a hotter cam and some head work

now as stock 2.0 Heads with Webcam 86
will be rebuilding with LE 180 heads and Raby 9530 cam
The Dells would be for the rebuild specs
sean_v8_914
get the 40s.
anderssj
I've been running Dell 40s on my 2L car since around 1982 blink.gif

Venturi = 32mm
Idle jet = 55
main jet = 135
air correction jet = 180
emulsion tube = 9146.2

Engine was built in fall of 1981, with euro PC set and an Elgin cam (I think it's a 7008-4--I'll have to find the paperwork)

I've got some old magazine articles about the Dells if you're interested--or maybe I can figure out how to post them here.
sean_v8_914
I would love to see the articles about the Dells. please post that
gopack
I have 36 DRLAs on a unknown build 2 liter engine. Before the jackstands took over and held my car hostage, it seemed to run fine aside from otehr issues (intake ad exhause leaks).
P.S. if you are using Raby parts, I have no doubt that Jake will have the 100% correct answer, so just ask him! (And let us know what he says)
bobhasissues
QUOTE(anderssj @ Jan 30 2010, 06:51 PM) *

I've got some old magazine articles about the Dells if you're interested--or maybe I can figure out how to post them here.

Definitely interested in any additional info I can get on the Dells
Please post whatever you can.
Thanks
sean_v8_914
the higher port velocity at low rpm makes the motor very nice for daily driving. I liked te 36mm with stock cam better than the 40mm with stock cam (stock cam sucks with carbs). it sucks less with 36mm. had a 2.0 with a web cam 73 running 36mm. it ran well
Jake Raby
The 40s will give the best tunability and flexibility on that engine. A set of 40s will perform great on an engine of 1911-2270ccs with the stock 34mm venturis.

35s work well also, but generally require larger vents to perform well on a 2 liter + engine.

Here is an example of what a set of 40 dells with 34mm venturis can do on a 2270cc engine.
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.