Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Photo need for lower firewall
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gint
Can someone post a picture of the lower firewall in the engine compartment showing the correct tube orinetation with description - I think Andy has a nice image with arrows and colors!?

We are working on the "pre-build" car and things are looking "odd".

Thanks in advance
Kirmizi
Gint, this was a quick find off the Pelican site.
Hope this helps.
Mike
Kirmizi
FOUND IT!
A. Heater cables
B. Brake lines
C. Shift Rod
D. Fuel lines
E. Wiring Harness
F. Clutch tube
G. Speedometer cable
H. Throttle

This pic Gint?
Mike
Gint
Thanks Mike. We were using the first one, but that second one is IT!
Spoke
I would imagine that firewall is a stamped piece. Why is this clutch tube coming out above where the fuel lines come out where the previous one shows the clutch tube coming out below the fuel line holes?
Gint
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jan 30 2010, 03:24 PM) *
I would imagine that firewall is a stamped piece. Why is this clutch tube coming out above where the fuel lines come out where the previous one shows the clutch tube coming out below the fuel line holes?
Because in the first reference pic posted in this thread the firewall is actually upside down. In the second refernce pic in this thread the firewall is right side up.

Break time's over. Back to work for me. Thanks gang.
Spoke
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 30 2010, 05:27 PM) *
Because in the first reference pic posted in this thread the firewall is actually upside down. In the second refernce pic in this thread the firewall is right side up.

I don't buy this. Here's the pic from my 71 with low clutch exit. Red car had high exit, this one low. Both right side up.......
SirAndy
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jan 30 2010, 04:07 PM) *

Here's the pic from my 71 with low clutch exit. Red car had high exit, this one low. Both right side up.......

Early cars had the clutch-tube exit the firewall in a slightly different spot than later cars.

The change was probably when they switched to the side-shifter transmission and different motor mount crossbar as the later crossbar is much taller and has a hole for the clutch cable to go through the bar.

shades.gif Andy
Spoke
Thanks Andy,

I thought this might be the case. I wish I would have reinstalled my tube with the higher exit since I'm converting to sideshift.
Gint
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jan 30 2010, 05:07 PM) *
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 30 2010, 05:27 PM) *
Because in the first reference pic posted in this thread the firewall is actually upside down. In the second reference pic in this thread the firewall is right side up.

I don't buy this. Here's the pic from my 71 with low clutch exit. Red car had high exit, this one low. Both right side up.......
I was busy and didn't pay enough attention to the picture you posted. I thought you were comparing the two pictures first posted.
jim_hoyland
I have a question from the picture in Post # 2. Can't see the front third, are the plastic fuel lines held in by a clamp or ? Going to replace mine and was wondering if there are any hidden obstacles to their removal.

Thanks for posting the pics---hard to see what's going on inside the tunnel smile.gif
Gint
It's been a while for me since I pulled or changed a set, but I believe they're held in place by bendable sheet metal "tabs" that are attached to the tub (possibly welded or maybe brazed). You just bedn them out of the way. Like the bendable, plastic sleeve covered tabs in the front trunk heolding the wiring harness in place.
jim_hoyland
How is is possible to reach the tabs ??
Gint
All of those access holes in the top of the tunnel. It's not difficult.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.