Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear brake caliper adjusters leak. seal 4 this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
detoxcowboy
1974 2.0 dual bleeder rear calipers w/ sight leak at adjusting screws.. Is there a simple seal for this? can it be purchased seperately?
bandjoey
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=100701&hl=
Sounds like the same problem I had. Eric sent me the Oring and all is fixed..
Eric_Shea
sight leak at adjusting screws

Outside or inside? Bill had outside seal problems. If it's at the adjuster in the rear (through the arm) it's an internal adjuster seal.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 31 2010, 04:08 PM) *

sight leak at adjusting screws

Outside or inside? Bill had outside seal problems. If it's at the adjuster in the rear (through the arm) it's an internal adjuster seal.

Outside on both rears Eric, I wanted to send you all my calipers but they are all working (really working, locked up all four on the freeway blink.gif ) and I am running down on funds (new tranny issue and finish open projects) w/ down to the wire on wether I will be able to paint or not. Nothing like putting in 2 years into these with all funds and time and end up driving multi-primered Porsche.. (UNEMPL;OYMENT HAS ITS LIMITS)

Long story short eric if you have a couple of those seal I would gladly pay you handsomely as I want to avoid buying the kits because if I am going to do one kit then I am going to do all four then if I am going to do all four I would rather have them sent to your hands.. Joe
underthetire
Just do the rebuild. ya gota take them apart anyway.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jan 31 2010, 04:56 PM) *

Just do the rebuild. ya gota take them apart anyway.

Your right, was not thinking.,,
Eric_Shea
You don't really have to taken them all the way down for those seals. Look at the link that Bill posted. If I recall there's some detailed instructions on how to replace those seals.

The seals are $248.00 a pair. A rebuild is $249.00 a pair. w00t.gif

Shoot me your address again and I'll send some seals in tomorrows mail. wink.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 31 2010, 07:43 PM) *

You don't really have to taken them all the way down for those seals. Look at the link that Bill posted. If I recall there's some detailed instructions on how to replace those seals.

Shoot me your address again and I'll send some seals in tomorrows mail. wink.gif

So, gonna go through all the trouble of jacking up the car, putting it on stands, removing the tires, then E brake cables, then pads, then calipers just to replace the one seal thats leaking? For a 20 dollar rebuild kit? Hey, i'm tryin to sell parts for ya !
Karmann11
QUOTE(underthetire @ Feb 1 2010, 09:57 AM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 31 2010, 07:43 PM) *

So, gonna go through all the trouble of jacking up the car, putting it on stands, removing the tires, then E brake cables, then pads, then calipers just to replace the one seal thats leaking? For a 20 dollar rebuild kit? Hey, i'm tryin to sell parts for ya !

Hi all.

So I have a slight leak from a rear caliper adjustment screw and the claiper is binding a little. I am in the UK and am struggling to get a O ring seal for adjustment screw. Does anyone know how to get hold of one this side of the pond?

With a binding caliper is it worth changing the piston seals as well?

Best regards
Jay
brant
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 31 2010, 09:43 PM) *

You don't really have to taken them all the way down for those seals. Look at the link that Bill posted. If I recall there's some detailed instructions on how to replace those seal

driving-girl.gif

Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity tonight!
Mikey914
Ahhh... if these seals are really that expensive, perhaps I should make them? IF I could get 100 takers at $6 I'd get these started.
If I recall these seals are not too complex.
Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.