Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1974 914 2.4 Restoration! $12.5 OBO
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
preacheranav

I have pictures but for some reason it's not allowing me to add them to the post. Car is a beautiful metalic blue so if you want to see it let me know and I'll email them until I can figure out how to get them loaded. In the mean time you try this link for the photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47051672@N05/...57623191909149/

Military Move so I have to sell QUICKLY. I'll answer any and all questions so don't be afraid to ask. I am the second owner. I bought it from the original owner who purchased the car brand new in 1975 in Norfolk, VA. The car has never left the state. More than $23,000 invested. Will accept cash, money order, or check (check must clear before car is released).

1974 Complete restoration
-New paint with undercoating. $5000 plus in paint alone.
-5 lug conversion with 911 front struts and calipers. Rebuilt rear calipers (Auto Atlanta) w/new 916 rotors
-New tires with recent alignment
-Completely new LEATHER interior (seats, back pad, door panels, dash) with HEATED SEATS. $3000 invested.
-All new seals and bearings, including new German single piece front seat for door and top.
-Transmission completely gone through and rebuilt~ no grinding at all, not even downshifting into first at slow speeds prior to stopping.
-FAT PERFORMANCE engine.
All parts from FAT PERFORMANCE with assembly completed by Abacus Racing in Virginia Beach VA.
Original engine was torn down and sent to CA. Case clearanced, heads completely rebuilt (new springs, valves, seats, etc), ALL new parts. Only 1500 miles on complete rebuild. Carbs rejeted for motor, oil changed at 1000 miles and again with carb adjustment. Compression checked. 2374cc w/approximately 150 horsepower. 96mm pistons w/82mm stroker crank. $7000 in parts alone~ car pulls solidly in all gears through 7000 RPM.
-All engine sheet metal blasted and powdered coated black
-Inside of engine compartment treated
-Fuel tank cleaned and treated on inside, powdercoated on outside w/new fuel tank sender
-New accelerator cable
-New battery
-New high torque starter
-Stainless steel heat exchangers
-New muffler
-New 140lb springs
-All new brake lines and new 19mm master cylinder. Parking brake is properly adjusted and solid
-New shocks and struts
-New struts for rear trunk lid to replace old springs
-All lights work and the turn signal actually clicks back automatically after a turn.
-Current VA inspection good through Sept of 2010. Clear title. I still have some of the original paperwork from the car.
-ALL Receipts for work completed
-Pics don't show 914 2.0 insignia on rear but it's now there

No radio, no backpad light, trunk light, or coat hooks but everything else is there. As you can see from the pics the steering wheel is original~ horn works!

I will deliver the car for free with full price offer. I have to move so the car has to go to help with other expenses. You can buy a project car and spend twice what you can get this one for and still not have as nice a car. OR, you can buy this one and drive it across the country. It's located in King George, VA so if you're close you're welcome to come see it and take a drive. I'll give you the mechanics info and you're welcome to talk to him about the car and everything he's done to it. Feel free to email me, Kevin, at preacheranav@yahoo.com or give me a call at 216-789-7222.

I am asking $12,400 OBO. That means if you don't want to pay $12,400 then you need to make me an offer~ not ask me what I'll let the car go for. I'll let it go for $12,400 unless you make me an acceptable offer. And, I'm telling you that no reasonable offer will be refused so don't be afraid to ask. I have one offer on the table and I'll take it if someone doesn't come in higher. I have to move by April so car must be gone prior to then. Thanks!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Gint
PIctures sell cars. I added some of yours to your post. Good luck with the sale.

preacheranav
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Thanks for doing that~ I really appreciate it. I think I can get some in there now. Here is the Original Odometer statement from 1974 as well as the fat PERFORMANCE parts list for the engine. Standing by for questions or comments. Thanks,

Kevin
type47
Beautiful car, good luck with the sale. One question I have: with your 5 lug conversion, do you have an emergency brake? If so, how was it done?
preacheranav
QUOTE(type47 @ Feb 1 2010, 05:13 AM) *

Beautiful car, good luck with the sale. One question I have: with your 5 lug conversion, do you have an emergency brake? If so, how was it done?

I do have an emergency brake. I kept the stock 914 rear calipers and had them rebuilt by Automobile Atlanta. I put on new 916 rear rotors which are five lug and had the original hubs drilled to accept the five bolt pattern. So, it kept the original calipers and the original parking brake~ which is adjusted and holds great. The front has the complete 911 front suspension with the vented rotors. Car brakes really well which is nice. Thanks... Kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.