Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: put my car up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
lotus_65
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/1578299790.html

thefleur

search my login for more than you need--- biggrin.gif

thanks for looking at my toy!

i've owned this car since 2002 and it's been a blast. i've got a little money in it and it's pretty well sorted with a few minor exceptions.
first let me say it will never be an original style resto. she's had some major front bodywork from the previous owner and the original engine has been bored and stroked. there has been too many repairs and cool little things done on her to list here. i'll spend as much time with the new owner as they want to get to know this great car-

currently, she has a 1.8 liter engine with dual weber carbs in it. the compression is pretty low, so i'll have a couple options for the buyer:

as is : $3400
+ honed stock cylinders: $3700
rebuilt w/above+reconditioned heads, not installed: $4200
reinstalled and running: $4800
fresh 135hp 2056 from jake raby not installed: $7000
raby installed: $8000

she'll come with some parts that, while not needed for excellent driving, are important maintenance/performance parts:
headlight rebuild kit
front sway bar

it also has a very rare aamco interior console that is highly coveted by enthusiasts. also h4 headlights, euro rear turn signals and upgraded LED gauge lamps.

there was very minor rust in the important area that leads to the death of many of these great cars when i purchased it. we stripped, cleaned and patched the rust, then coated the entire area with p.o.r.15. since these cars usually aren't driven in the rain or snow (much, at least), this should never be a problem again. the next owners will surely care for those trouble areas, so this is considered a permanent fix. Also, there has been welding done to the suspension ear on the passenger side... again, save poor maintenance or ignorant operation, this is fixed effectively forever.

it does need to have an electrical bug traced. it doesn't affect the operations, but just drains the battery slowly. The carpet could be replaced, along with some other creature comforts improved if desired. lastly, it was repainted before i bought it with a dark gray metal flake on top of the factory olympic blue. i added yellow to the bottom to replicate the bumblebee limited edition '74 just because i like the look, but honestly, it's a pretty poor paint job, and i was deciding on putting gt flares before repainting- i'll be happy to let the next owner decide this option.

i do not need to sell jina. i have another project i would like to do, but i can enjoy this car for many many more years if i don't get what i need for it. i think if a buyer had to give up his carrera due to whatever reasons, and still wants the porsche experience, this would be a great option- many more pics available including documentation on repairs.

no matter what, the effort put into a car like this pays dividends every time you climb behind the wheel.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Gint
Copied your craigslist ad detail to this thread and moved it to the cars for sale section. Trying to help you get all the visibility possible. Good luck with the sale.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.