Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: honest opinions please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underthetire
Made some stickers on my sticker plotter. wadya think, ya or na.
dangrouche
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jan 31 2010, 02:16 PM) *

center is too thin or faded, but the rim one is nice. maybe black would also be a good color.
iamchappy
Here is the look i am sporting without stickers...Black centers machined lips
underthetire
QUOTE(dangrouche @ Jan 31 2010, 02:26 PM) *

QUOTE(underthetire @ Jan 31 2010, 02:16 PM) *

center is too thin or faded, but the rim one is nice. maybe black would also be a good color.

The center ones i made a while ago. They are actually aluminum then I used a CNC engraver to do the crest. The engraver table is vacuum and not real flat anymore, so it was about the best I could do on it till we make a new vacuum table for it. The outside ones is what i did this morning.

Thanks all.
Katmanken
I think your stickers look just like a phonedial wheel, and would look really good on a steel wheel car. Are they 15 or 16 inch?
messix
QUOTE(kwales @ Jan 31 2010, 05:22 PM) *

I think your stickers look just like a phonedial wheel, and would look really good on a steel wheel car. Are they 15 or 16 inch?

slap.gif av-943.gif
Van
I like the idea, but think it's a little much for a wheel...
pete-stevers
i like it... but i may not place the sticker on the outer lip but rather on the inner where it would be more protected, but there is not much lip on phone dials
Cupomeat
I vote "NAY" on the script on the rim.

It seems too uneven for a round object to have an offset text applied like that.

Nicely done, but not my Cup O'Meat.
Dr. Roger
i think the outside text should be smaller and in black, then it would look great. the center cap is fugly. you asked. =)
Foster
I think the red center would look better on a black cap, even on a silver rim though hard to say w/o seeing. I like the outer script but reserve judgemnet until seeing a pic showing a little more of the car with it. What looks good alone may be too busy as a whole.
jonferns
I vote that the script on the rim should be on the window of my truck, and I like the center cap.
bdstone914
I do not like it on the wheel but it would look good in white on the top cylinder tin on a 4. It would have to be made of a material that would handle the engine heat. Not sure how hot the tin gets but is suspect it would hit around 200 after the engine is shut off from the radiant het from the heads and cylinders.

Bruce
bcaschera
I think you need to send me a set so i can see'em in real life, untill then i reserve my judgment
6freak
to ricer for me ...but if you like them whats it matter what anyone else thinks
Dr. Roger
i've seen the test on the lip somewhere.... either oz racing or rota... i think. =-) i thought it looked hot. but it was only noticeable to someone who really looked. not obnoxious.
rjames
The outer rim script is too square to be placed on a round line, IMHO. Makes the letters look like the aren't aligned properly.

I'm also not a fan of having the word Porsche all over the car. Makes the car seem like it has low self esteem. biggrin.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Jan 31 2010, 05:48 PM) *

i like it... but i may not place the sticker on the outer lip but rather on the inner where it would be more protected, but there is not much lip on phone dials

I was thinking that after I made them. Maybe i'll make some black ones to try.

Not sure I like them or not, that's why I asked. I saved the program, so I can do any color really.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.