Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sticky pedal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oldschool
So how do I get my gas pedal to get free, I checked the cable it seems to be snag,
the return spring also good, It looks like right at the throttle is were it get hung up?
Any one evry have this happen?
6freak
TOYOTA! lol-2.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(6freak @ Jan 31 2010, 09:42 PM) *

TOYOTA! lol-2.gif

yes how did you know lol-2.gif ......no come on shades.gif
IronHillRestorations
It's probably wrapped around the clutch cable. Press down the clutch pedal and if the throttle moves at all, you need to check the cable routing with an inspection mirror by removing the accel pedal and the access panel at the forward end of the center tunnel.

It could also be the pedal bushings.
Gint
I'll move this thread to the garage too.
underthetire
I've had my gas petal itself rust and lock up when I first got the car. Make sure you check it.
Jeffs9146
There are a few things that can cause this. Is it FI or Carbed?

1. Pivot bracket at the pedal assembly cracked
2. Rusty bushings in the pedal assembly
3. Sticking linkage at the carbs or FI
4. Cable about to break
5. Cable wrapped around clutch cable

A few of these have happened to me but my guess is #1 or #2 unless there is a change in RPM when the clutch cable is pressed then it would be #5!

$.02
Mike Bellis
I was driving my V8 on the freeway. driving.gif Went to pass and the pedal stuck to the floor. As I was aproching 100mph, I turned the key off. As soon as I pushed in the clutch... Bingo... pedal came back up. The PO ran the cable above the clutch clevis. the ball hook on the throttle cable would get stuck on the clutch clevis. The trick is to run it under WITHOUT twisting the 2 cables together. Almost impossible to see. Work by braile. white914.jpg
oldschool
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Feb 1 2010, 08:58 AM) *

There are a few things that can cause this. Is it FI or Carbed?

1. Pivot bracket at the pedal assembly cracked
2. Rusty bushings in the pedal assembly
3. Sticking linkage at the carbs or FI
4. Cable about to break
5. Cable wrapped around clutch cable

A few of these have happened to me but my guess is #1 or #2 unless there is a change in RPM when the clutch cable is pressed then it would be #5!

$.02

Bingo the winner is #5
Jeffs9146
beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.