Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Insanity Picts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave Bell
Reading about Itsa914 wanting to by the 76 car to add to his parts collection made me wonder who has pictures of 914 stock piles that make other family members question your sanity.

Here is a shot of my driveway... have to admit that the middle 914 is a buddy visiting me to do some work... the rests are/were mine... neighbors watching me sawzall, weld, 914's in the driveway think I am running a Porsche chop shop. I have calmed down... only two cars now with lots of parts stacked away.

- Dave
Joe Bob
How do the neighbors like it?
seanery
fuck the neighbors! They can move if they don't like it!
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(seanery @ Mar 24 2004, 07:59 PM)
fuck the neighbors! They can move if they don't like it!

agree.gif

and once they move, you can use their drive way!!!
majkos
agree.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Now why didn't I think of that! mueba.gif
URY914
You got the fever real bad.
stock93
I said fuck the neighbors if they dont like it and they got the city on me. I had 3 924s, 1 914, and a dune buggy in my driveway. Needless to say I got rid of the 924s and moved some stuff into the backyard and my garage.

John
GaroldShaffer
I will post a pic of my collection tomorrow. I'm lucky,
my neighbors have become our good friends and
we all get along. I do get teased about my "hobby"
but then I joke with them about the boat that sits
in their drive all winter. I also keep a car cover on
the parts car that sits outside.

If need be I have a friend that bought a farm house
and land with two barns on it. As a payback for
helping him over the years with his MANY moves and
home repairs I get free storage in one of the barns
to hold about 8 cars end to end. Not that I ever plan
to use it but it is nice to know I can.

- Garold

PS. I didn't get the 76, it went for $960 Yikes!
Joe Bob
QUOTE(itsa914 @ Mar 24 2004, 08:06 PM)
If need be I have a friend that bought a fram house
and land with two barns on it.....

A Fram house? Is it big and orange and explode motors?blink.gif
DrifterJay
the majority of the tracks I work on....like the M113a2 and 3s (armored personnel carriers) use fram filters.....might explain why most motors have less than a thousand miles between each rebuild... blink.gif
GaroldShaffer
Fram house? Is it big and orange and explode motors?

Yes laugh.gif

Ok I fixed my post. We really need spell check on this
site for those of us (me) that can't spell for shit. You know what is really sad is I read my post twice
before I hit add reply.

-Garold
red914
hold on; is there something wrong with Fram oil filters? if so, what should i be using? you guys sure know how to instill panic; what have i done to my car? headbang.gif aaauuuugggghhhhh.....
Brad Roberts
Always use a Mahle or Bosch oil filter. The Frams like to leave the engine every so often.

I still know the Fram number: PH2844

B
GWN7
All my neibours like me except the retarded guy who lives across the back lane. Need to fire the Impalla up again (open headers) to bug him. The only neibour who can see into my yard thinks I'm gold since I saved her husbands life last year, so I'm pretty safe.

The 3 lumps in the foreground are P cars. What you can't see is the two 6' X 8' sheds full of parts (soon to be moved to the farm).
Chris914n6
You guys got off easy... I have to fix the neighbors cars, their kids bikes, and say "sure, have a party late Tuesday night, it's cool with me" wacko.gif

CPinMiddleClassVille wink.gif
eresener
Don't have that many parts ...yet....but the car collection is on the upswing...and the neighbors haven't said anything yet...other than calling me the Porschemeister of Caledonia....we have 239 acres here to hide the cars, if necessary, so the neighbors won't see it....no smog or smog laws, 7 county mounties for the whole county...wonderful long and twisty roads...life is good...BTW gas is still 1.59....I love the middle coast...
Ed
sawzall-smiley.gif
RON S.
It is great to indulge in car collecting and parts.I've loved working on cars most all my life.It keeps me same.
The sad part around here is that this county I live in has passed what they call a nuisance ordinance.Countywide.
Or as most here call it a junk car law.In a nut shell,any 2 or 3 neighbors can get together to complain about the condition of anyones property.
A code enforcement guy'll come out and inspect your property for whatever they deem unacceptable.If it can be seen,it can be seized,at home owners expense.All cars w/o tags& insur.are considered abandoned.Needless to say,privacy fences are being put up all over this county,my yard included.No shit wiper beurocrat is gonna tell me my 914 project w/about 12,000 in receipts so far is an abandoned car and needs to be removed,to spruce up the neighborhood.
I did a check on the internet lately,and these laws are being passed all over the country.
Used to be a time when we lived in a free country,
not anymore.First the law took away a parents right to raise their own children the way they seen fit.Now,a person is told what they can and cannot have on the property one lives on,and makes the payment on.It just seems to get worse and worse as each year passes.
Sorry about the rant.But it just pisses me off about the way things are heading.
Ron
Rogue
Neighborhood Nazi's fighting19.gif

I moved to the country, and now these city folks are coming to me.
Only a matter of time. mad.gif

ar15.gif Damn, Yuppies
Pnambic
I remember reading a story last year I think about a lady in Michigan who decided she wanted to move to the country, so she bought a house way out near some old farms. Well, everything was fine until it was time to start fertilizing the fields. Then she had the gumption to complain and if I remember correctly, she tried to sue to get the farmers around her to stop using their tractors that were making too much noise and to stop using fertilizer cause it smelled like p00p.

Thank the heavens her case found its way to one of our few remaining judges that has even a lick of common sense and he laughed at her and I think he threatened to make her pay all court costs if she persisted.

Sadly, I don't doubt in the least that there are some areas where the farmer would lose a case like this.

There are WAY too many stupid people abusing our legal system today. We've grown too fast. We don't have enough intelligent people to man the important decision-making posts, so we're stuck with id10ts making rediculous legal decisions.

[\rant]

In case you guys aren't familiar with Indiana's new plates, they're flat. No more raised letters, so they look kinda fake to begin with. I know a guy that had a neighbor across the street complain about a few cars on his side lot (2 acres) that didn't have plates. He scanned in a plate on his computer, made a few changes to make each plate different, put some cardboard on the backs of them and stuck them on the cars. Since the cars aren't actually driven, I don't think he's breaking any laws, but at least it keeps his neighbor off his back.
Gint
I did a check on the internet lately,and these laws are being passed all over the country.  Used to be a time when we lived in a free country,
not anymore.First the law took away a parents right to raise their own children the way they seen fit.Now,a person is told what they can and cannot have on the property one lives on,and makes the payment on.It just seems to get worse and worse as each year passes.  Sorry about the rant.But it just pisses me off about the way things are heading.
Ron

Don't get me started!!! City ordinance - If it isn't registered OR otherwise operable, it must be in an enclosed structure. You can't even keep it in the back yard, even if out of site. Affectionately known as "The Code Betty", she harasses myself and one other neighbor bi-weekly.

I brought back Brant's 914 and left it on the trailer in front of my house for a couple of days. I got a "Courtesy Notice" indicating that trailers and RV's are not allowed on the street for more than 24 hours.

It never ends...
red914
the point at which these ordinances constitute a "taking" by the government is always debated, and the results never satisfy everyone.

Brad: you say the fram filters simply fall off? or become unscrewed? fall apart? Mahle and Bosch would be available where? confused24.gif yes, i am new, as if this fact wre not painfully aware when i come across some little bit of information like this.
seanery
I don't think the Fram filters can handle the pressure created by our cars, and sometimes they go boom. I think I remember that correctly.
red914
that doesn't sound good. ohmy.gif ok, i just learned something; now to change oil again, and install different filter. now to find the right filter...

thanks for the scoop, by the way.
Bruce Allert
A family with autistic blind children wanted to move into one of my rentals. They started out by saying there could be no loud noises as it affects the children. This is in Boring, out in the country surrounded by nurseries where there will always be a tractor running somewhere. I told our rental managment person not to rent to them for this reason. They did anyway....
(begin complaints) fighting19.gif not only did they complain about the noise from the tractors but the radios the workers had were disturbing (hand held walkie talkies)! Then there was the issue, there are fir needles all over our roof, we have children in here and it could catch on fire. DUH! Yer surrounded by 200 ft. firs asshole! They ended by saying they wanted out of their lease & we said fine, get out. They didn't want to hear that so, after 2 years they are still there but no complaints! pissoff.gif
City people in the country just .... well, never mind bootyshake.gif

......b
94teener
Dave,
Your yard looks like my back yard.

Phil
BIGKAT_83
Got 3 914S, 944 turbo ,Miata, S2000 Honda,and a Truck

I was clearing off some trees and bushes on the side of my lot last week and someone walked by and asked if I was making room for more cars. I guess it was a hint.
Sold the 944T,and 1 914 this week.
But I did find a 928 I'm looking at today.

Bob
djm914-6
I'm a country boy living in the suburbs. I'll take tractors and cow shit or lobster boats and low tide over kids with booming radios at 2am or watching people build houses that take up 85% of their property.

finger.gif city people!
tdgray
Totally agree.gif with all the above......BUT it at least sounds like you guys have the courtesy to either cover your cars or put them in a place that they cannot be seen from the street.

I live in the burbs / country, sort of in between. I keep my projects in the garage so my house does not look like a junk pit. This is why I spent $280,000 building my house (yes this is Ohio that is quite a bit here) so that I could have a nice place to live. What I don't appreciate is the FUCKHEADS down the street that leave toys laying all over the yard, basketball hoops turned upside down in the lawn, garages filled with shit so full that they can't shut the FUCKING DOOR and rusty piece of shit cars sitting in thier driveways. Then when I take the MGA for a quick once around just to blow out of the winter dust they have the balls to yell at me for going 30 in a 25 zone (just sounds like I am going faster when the muffler is cold).

pissoff.gif

Sorry Rant OFF.
3d914
Ed,

You've got it good in MO. I need to get back to the mid-west. boldblue.gif
At least the wife now understands why I didn't want to move into a neighborhood with an ASS-ociation.

Now if I can just get to the point where the job follows me instead of the other way around.

Keep em honest guys!
Dave Bell
I live the in older part of town, aka the low rent non-yuppie end... and that is definately by choice since not only are the lots a little bigger, they do not have any of the dreaded Home Owner's Associations.... All the new housing projects on the other side of town have the HOA's where retired folk with nothing better to do, get elected to the local board to create and enforce crazy rules... in some of the stricter areas... you cannot even park your own car on street in the same spot for more than 24 hours!... forget and RV and parts car in the driveway would be enough for them to put a lein on your house to make you comply.

Yep... I get a lot of kids by fixing scooters, bikes etc. My next door neighbor is, Dean Bryant, pretty well known in custom car circles and for making lots of cars for the movies...Stuff like "Gone in 60 seconds, etc."... why he lives next door to me is beyond me.... I take that back... why his wife lets him live next door to me is beyond me.... Guy is worth megabucks but still likes living in a house that is probably smaller than mine... go figure.

It's pretty interesting though since he occasionaly drives one of the chopped custom cars home or comes home in one of the cars waiting that will go into movie shoot.

I feel pretty embarrassed doing my little body work and car work in the driveway compared to what his shop turns out.

- Dave
Dave Bell
A Dean Bryant Drive Home Shot #1
Dave Bell
Dean Bryant Drive Home Shot #2
seanery
Did the factory make '54 Convertibles?(that is a 54 right?) I like that a lot.
Dave Bell
Dean and one of his MANY every day trucks... sheesh!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.