Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WHAT A DIFFERENCE: New Billsteins and 140# springs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JF914
MAN --- I can't believe that I had been driving this car with the worn out ass end.

Replaced the Koni's and stock springs (totally worn and bottoming out, no damping) with Auto Atlanta Bilsteins and 140# Weltmeister springs.

all I can say is WOW. No more bone jarring RR crossings.

Handles like a dream. Lotsa fun.

Bilsteins set at the 3rd ring from the bottom (4 in total), and very happy with the spring weight versus 95# stock.

kconway
Dude,
that's a nice car.

I replaced mine with the same but was thinking of sticking a set of Weltmeister 100 pound springs I have on to see if it smoothed out the ride.

Kev
JF914
QUOTE(kconway @ Feb 1 2010, 10:26 PM) *

Dude,
that's a nice car.

I replaced mine with the same but was thinking of sticking a set of Weltmeister 100 pound springs I have on to see if it smoothed out the ride.

Kev

Thanks Kev. Its a one-owner car, before me, and I finally have everything tidied up to my liking. New springs/shocks, rear rotors, clutch cable, pedal box rebuild, new Michelins., brake MC and lines...etc....I may be listing it for sale...depends on if I can find my next ride. Its a great car. '73 2.0 Alaskan Blue.

I like the 140's....a little stiff, I admit, but in the twisties (which I prefer), its great.

Regards, John
jaxdream
Man that's one nice ride there you have , no offense man , but what could be nicer than what you have ????
Unless you are a gozillionare........

Jack / Jaxdream
poorsche914
Beautiful car! My first 914 was Alaska Blue Metallic (love that color) - even had 140# springs driving.gif
ConeDodger
agree.gif That is one nice looking car... Enjoy!!!
johnnie5
QUOTE(kconway @ Feb 1 2010, 08:26 PM) *

Dude,
that's a nice car.

Kev

agree.gif Nice ride!

That is what I did last year, all new Bilsteins w Weltmiester 100's. Handles great, and I haven't even added the front sway bar yet. AND, I still have all of my fillings! biggrin.gif
tradisrad
Nice car!
Now you need to lower the front end a bit and replace the shocks. A front sway bar is also a great upgrade (if you don't have one).
EdwardBlume
w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif

That color is nice...
atsealevel914
Wow sweet ride! Very nice color.
jeeperjohn56
Hey John, Nice looking car, mind is the same year, color, and is coming back with a fresh new paint next week. Also I like the sound of your name. Good luck John driving.gif
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(kconway @ Feb 1 2010, 08:26 PM) *

Dude,
that's a nice car.

Kev

Konway, I have had both the 140# and 100# with my Bilstiens and much prefer the 100#, I found the 140# to stiff and did not allow the Billy's much work to do, 100# is plenty stiff, after purchasing and installing the 140# I realized it was to much and then was advised on another 914 site by the "president" that 140# is better for AX....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.