Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Porsche Vs Corvette
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TC 914-8
This was sent to me on my facebook page I had to share it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXgLIWnKifs#
If this dosn't work, search the Porsche vs Corvette on U-tube.... Awesome
silver74insocal
lol-2.gif nice of the vette to keeps his headlights on for the porsche...
messix
that guy in the porsche races at our local track in the bump to p[ass] races. ran the vette right in to the wall... what a DICK!

i've never seen a 12' wide porsche till now. i would've dumped him in turn one a long time ago.
TC 914-8
Yeh, The guy who posted it is a huge Corvette fan, looks like there will be a bit of revenge on the menu next race.

I did like the Supertramp remake though.
Heeltoe914
OK here we go. In that last turn the Vett, toke the drive off the P-car by bumping him from the rear. That was hug, at that point its the Vetts win. P- car says you bump be I bump you. Anytime guys do that the results can end the game.

Best part is its not thier cars.
ericread
If you get a chance, take a look at the March 2010 "Excellence" magazine. There's a pretty good article on Vette vs. Porsche. They pitted a ZR1 against a GT2, measuring G-force and accelleration/decelleration through the Infineon course. It's pretty obvious the Vette is the leader on the long striaights and where more torque is an advantage.

Here's a link to a pretty fair assessment of the article (which has not been posted online)

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-corvett...-infiineon.html
blitZ
That was Bergmeister and Magnusson at the 2009 ALMS finals. Quite a battle. They were both penalized equally for their aggressive driving and will miss a few races the beginning of this season.

Bergmeister learned early in the season to fight back after Reis (sp?) in a Ferrari ran him off the road at the end of the Sebring race. They were both guilty but the Vette started it, trying to bump the rear of the tail dragger.
pbanders
Thought it was illegal to use the pitlane out to pass in (e.g. safety issues with people exiting the lane). Also, pretty bad driving error by the 'Vette driver to let the P-car re-pass him. The outside attempt in turn 1 at 8:15 was a bit ambitious.

There are plenty of good places to pass if you can drive off-track!

The 'Vette got stuffed into the wall because he pulled a NASCAR bump move on the P-car. Probably a lot of pissed off people after that race. IMO, the 'Vette was the superior car, but the P-car driver had better skills.
blitZ
QUOTE(pbanders @ Feb 2 2010, 12:56 PM) *

Thought it was illegal to use the pitlane out to pass in (e.g. safety issues with people exiting the lane). Also, pretty bad driving error by the 'Vette driver to let the P-car re-pass him. The outside attempt in turn 1 at 8:15 was a bit ambitious.

The 'Vette got stuffed into the wall because he pulled a NASCAR bump move on the P-car. Probably a lot of pissed off people after that race. IMO, the 'Vette was the superior car, but the P-car driver had better skills.

Good eye. If I recall the race correctly, Magnusson was penalized for passing in pit lane and had to give the position back.
messix
imho a bump to let the guy know AGAIN that the faster car is being held up, or was the bump not the result of a brake check to slow the vette's momentum?
any way the porsche driver clearly ran the vette into the wall!!!! you don't even see that in nascar!!!! dirty driving poke.gif
EdwardBlume
Vette owners always have a chip on their shoulder that their cars depreciate like mad and end up rotting in a trailer park somewhere...

Nothing against trailer parks...

That said, Vettes are fun to drive off the line and the more recent performance enhanced versions don't get nearly the respect they should..

I should post the circa '98 wedding video of me and the mrs. peeling out of a country club parking lot in a cherry '87 vette owned by my in laws.... Like I said, fun off the line.

Now both are in 911s... he he. bye1.gif
buhs914
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGLm7oVukVY this is freaking great lol Porsche vs Viper
6freak
QUOTE(blitZ @ Feb 2 2010, 10:02 AM) *

QUOTE(pbanders @ Feb 2 2010, 12:56 PM) *

Good eye. If I recall the race correctly, Magnusson was penalized for passing in pit lane and had to give the position back.

Passing on the pit out lane NOT good ... hard bumping another car at the last corner trying to spin him out Not good ..getting your ass stuffed into the wall for driving that way PRICELESS
Vysoc

This has been chronicled and the facts are, Jorg Bergmeister has been here before as the unfortunate loser to Jamie Melo when he used his Ferrari to bash the Porsche several times down the final stretch at Sebring. In this race the Season ending points where already decided and he had nothing to lose and was not about to get bashed by the Corvette. The facts are this... look closely at the finish, the Corvettes left side did not come in contact with the wall he had room to race to the finish, he did not clear the Porsche and in an effort to pass turned in early and hooked himself. Read all the post-race rehash and you will see the facts.

That being said, I am afraid this will not be forgotten and the big Yellow and Black Corvettes will do everything possible to beat the crap out of the Flying Lizards come Sebring.

Let the games begin, Winter Sebring Testing February 22 & 23, 2010.

Vysoc poke.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Vysoc @ Feb 2 2010, 01:21 PM) *

This has been chronicled and the facts are, Jorg Bergmeister has been here before as the unfortunate loser to Jamie Melo when he used his Ferrari to bash the Porsche several times down the final stretch at Sebring. In this race the Season ending points where already decided and he had nothing to lose and was not about to get bashed by the Corvette. The facts are this... look closely at the finish, the Corvettes left side did not come in contact with the wall he had room to race to the finish, he did not clear the Porsche and in an effort to pass turned in early and hooked himself. Read all the post-race rehash and you will see the facts.

That being said, I am afraid this will not be forgotten and the big Yellow and Black Corvettes will do everything possible to beat the crap out of the Flying Lizards come Sebring.

Vysoc poke.gif

What ever ....lol the P-car stuff the C- car aktion035.gif but i really do like Corvettes
Porcharu
I thought going into the pit exit lane was a mandatory drive thru (might be a different series.)
I am always amazed at how fast a donor car can go given buckets of money and a good driver. driving.gif
bcaschera
QUOTE(Vysoc @ Feb 2 2010, 01:21 PM) *

Vysoc poke.gif

Damn right aktion035.gif The C6 made wwaaayy more contact throughout the race although, both were very aggressive. The crash in the end was all the chevys fault, the block was somewhat low but the rearend bump was downright dirty, and no contact was made on the straight. That first pass the Porsche made in turn 2 after the vette turned on the afterburners was an amazing feat. popcorn[1].gif I love Porsche's. smilie_pokal.gif
BMXerror
I suppose I have to add my $.02 Thank you Vysoc for being the only other person that I've come across to recognize that the Vette driver crashed himself out. He had the race won one the front stretch and instead decided to perform the pit maneuver on himself. slap.gif
That being said:
*Corvette passing in pit out-Shitty and extremely dangerous driving.
*Porsche taking inside defensive lines into corners- legal and accepted racing practice
*Corvette bumping Porsche mid corner to unbalance him- Shitty driving
*Porsche jamming Corvette over towards pit wall- Shitty driving
*Corvette crashing himself out- as I said before, slap.gif
A previous post said these drivers were penalized. They were NOT. They were put on a probational period in early 2010 in which any FURTHER incidents would result in a two race suspension. As if these incidents alone weren't enough to warrant that.
This display has caused me to officially stop supporting ALMS. It used to be a good series, but they allow too much of this crap now, and it's ruining road racing. In any other series, there would be harsh penalties, possibly including expulsion from the series for this kind of behavior.
A couple weeks ago I bought the special edition DVD set of the SCCA National Championship Runoffs. Almost every race has close, tight racing lap after lap, and almost no contact. It's totally clean! It's a damn shame that these low budget amateurs know how to do it better than the professionals. I mean, I know the professionals CAN race clean, but they don't when the other guy is allowed to punt him off the road and get away with it. It was heartbreaking to see Bergmeister drive like that because he used to be an amazingly smooth, fast, and professional driver. But you just can't get ahead in that series driving like that, so now he's resorting to thuggery like everybody else. It's sad. sad.gif
Mark D.
P.S. Sorry for those of you reading my rants twice... I know I posted something similar in the sandbox a month or so ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.