Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Calling the Capn Krusty
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jaymann
This is a question for the Capn:I was asking about the proper install of a clutch kitt.Someone here metioned, you might be the guy to talk to.What about the pedal and linkage?Flywheel? What are the proper things to replace?I want to this the right way,and input would be greatley appricated.Jaymann
sean_v8_914
...only crusty?
Jaymann
Anyone can reply to this,not just the captn,All help is welcome.Jaymann
ericread
OK, Just for shits and giggles, here's the kit I used from Auto Atlanta:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Eric
atsealevel914
Is capn crusty and crusty capn the same thing? screwy.gif
ME733
QUOTE(atsealevel914 @ Feb 2 2010, 03:21 PM) *

.........Probably....and pretty much knows a solution for the Questions he answers. I.M.O.
atsealevel914
QUOTE(ME733 @ Feb 2 2010, 01:58 PM) *

QUOTE(atsealevel914 @ Feb 2 2010, 03:21 PM) *

.........Probably....and pretty much knows a solution for the Questions he answers. I.M.O.

Yes ive read some of his posts, very knowledgable fellow.
Jaymann
Sorry: it alittle smokey in here Jaymann
Cap'n Krusty
Hi. Sorry for the delay, but I've been away from the computer for a bit...........

A good clutch job includes surfacing or replacing the flywheel, replacing the flywheel seal and o-ring, the pilot bearing, and felt washer. the clutch disc, pressure plate, and release bearing. Besides those items, you should replace the release bearing arm ball cup and the transmission input shaft seal. If you have the flywheel resurfaced, you need to shim the pivot ball with ONE extra 8mm flat washer. I NEVER use rebuilt discs or pressure plates, as I believe form experience that the risk of problems outweigh the small cost savings. You will also need 2 muffler gaskets and 2 CV joint gaskets. You MAY need some new CV joint bolts and washers.

The Cap'n
Dave_Darling
I would consider new flywheel bolts. I would definitely use new schnorr washers on the CV joint bolts.

I would also consider either Dr Evil's CV joint bolts drilled for safety wire (and wired!), or Clay's longer bolts with a jam-nut on the back side of the flange.

--DD
ericread
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Feb 2 2010, 08:28 PM) *

I would consider new flywheel bolts. I would definitely use new schnorr washers on the CV joint bolts.

I would also consider either Dr Evil's CV joint bolts drilled for safety wire (and wired!), or Clay's longer bolts with a jam-nut on the back side of the flange.

--DD

agree.gif

I forgot to add the flywheel bolts to the list. I also use Dr. Evil's CV Joint Bolts.

Eric
markb
Just to throw my .02 in here, don't think AA & Pelican are the only guys that can get you these things. We're really motivated these days (I've been mostly laid off due to lack of sales, so I'm not afraid of getting fired for trying to get us business biggrin.gif ), so call Jonathan here at GPR for prices too.
Dr Evil
CALL GPR!

(this is a non paid endorsement)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.