Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Chrome Hubcaps
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Mr Pharmacist
Hi,

I'm collecting bits for resto of my 1970 914.

i'm looking for some chrome hub caps as i'm going for the original look. I'm after the blank caps, not the euro caps with the VW crest.

Anyone have any they are willing to sell (postage to the UK)?

Many thanks
Stuart
Kirmizi
Like these?
Mike

Mr Pharmacist
QUOTE(Kirmizi @ Feb 4 2010, 03:27 AM) *

Like these?
Mike

Thats just what I'm looking for Mike.

just so i know that they will fit the wheels i have - whats the diameter of them?

Thanks
Wolfgang
If you have OEM VW (914 wheels) they will fit. If you have aftermarket chrome Mangels they may not fit (the nubs to hold caps stick out further on the latest Chinese-made Mangels - if the Brazilian ones they will fit). Nice to see someone doing stock restore. I put Americn Racing wheels on my 914 years ago and polished the hub caps up and hung on wall -- made great hall mirrors!)
Mr Pharmacist
Thanks for the info Wolfgang - i will start a thread of my resto when i get chance!

I have been told there were 2 types of steel wheels - pre '72 VW 4.5 inch wide and a post Porsche 72 5.5 inch - can anyone confirm if the hubcaps will fit both types?

i'd better check what I've got....
Wolfgang
QUOTE(Mr Pharmacist @ Feb 4 2010, 07:36 AM) *

Thanks for the info Wolfgang - i will start a thread of my resto when i get chance!

I have been told there were 2 types of steel wheels - pre '72 VW 4.5 inch wide and a post Porsche 72 5.5 inch - can anyone confirm if the hubcaps will fit both types?

i'd better check what I've got....

YUP - Same hub caps - in US, the 5.4" ones were on the appearance group models (with black vinyl on sail panel). Of course you want the 5.5 for handling and larger 165 tire capacity.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.