Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a sportomatic pedal pad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
computers4kids
I have a 914 automatic and I'm installing a 914-6 pedal cluster that I picked-up but need a rubber pedal pad of all things. Porsche said it is NLA, part #905-423-511-00. Any ideas or leads to one of these pads? I found an ad on ebay for what was described as a 911/912/914 brake lever arm, and to me it looks like what I need...what do you think? The first two pictures are my current pedal setup and the one I purchased. The third pic is the ebay ad.
IPB Image
davep
Try asking on the Pelican 911 parts forum.
There is also a sportomatic website. http://www.sportomatic.org
ME733
...........Volkswagon had an automatic transmission, I cannot remember if it was "superbeatle", or the series before them...could the pedel, and pad assembly work for your application? You might find it cheap,at a junkyard or recycler.
SirAndy
QUOTE(davep @ Feb 4 2010, 04:51 AM) *

agree.gif The 911 pedals of that area should be very similar and probably usable ...
computers4kids
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 4 2010, 10:19 AM) *

QUOTE(davep @ Feb 4 2010, 04:51 AM) *

agree.gif The 911 pedals of that area should be very similar and probably usable ...

Thanks guys, I'll keep looking. I've had a running thread on the 911 pelican board but so far only 1 poster who provided the part number.
Katmanken
Wonder what the VW Beetle autostick pedal pad looked like???

Might be the same or close.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Feb 4 2010, 12:16 AM) *

I have a 914 automatic and I'm installing a 914-6 pedal cluster that I picked-up but need a rubber pedal pad of all things. Porsche said it is NLA, part #905-423-511-00. Any ideas or leads to one of these pads? I found an ad on ebay for what was described as a 911/912/914 brake lever arm, and to me it looks like what I need...what do you think? The first two pictures are my current pedal setup and the one I purchased. The third pic is the ebay ad.
IPB Image

I find it interesting that this pedal cluster is so different from that of my 70 E Sporto. Regardless, I've looked for a week for my spare pad from that era, to no evail. If I find it, it's yours. But, with the state of my basement, don't hold your breath.
Pat
Cap'n Krusty
I have an Autostick here, and I just looked at the pedal assembly. The pad itself is rectangular, with corners of a fairly tight radius. The actual pedal has a pair of "arms", one rising from the actual brake pedal location, the other from what would be the clutch pedal location. Not gonna work for you. The pad I have is essentially trashed, but it wouldn't work anyway. One solution might be to find a not-unpleasant looking pedal from something in a boneyard, cut the face portion off the lever, and grind the back smooth so it could be aligned and welded to your existing lever or pedal surface. The other option would be for me to find the pedal assembly I've stashed somewhere around here and hope the pad is in good condition ..........

BTW, that's a Sportomatic pedal assembly, NOT a 914-6 assembly.

The Cap'n
computers4kids
John & Pat,
Thanks for looking through your stuff for a pad & your ideas. I ended-up contacting the seller of the picture of the pedal above with the pad and he still had it...it had not sold, so I bought it. Should have it in a day or two. I'm pretty sure it's the correct one...will see. The pedal cluster was purchased from AutoAtlanta and the ad called it a 914-6 sportomatic pedal cluster--just got sloppy on the description.

I've installed the cluster and awaiting the pad.
IPB Image
Cap'n Krusty
Likely a "renamed" 911 Sportomatic pedal assembly ...................

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.