Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brad, Are you around?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
Do you recall any of this. Did we mess up?
Brad Roberts
Called you at home ??

I know he was running something like 1.08's until I changed the car. I thought he ended up running something in the 1.04's.

B
EdwardBlume
Called me at home and hot. Not surprising based on prior interaction. The cards read 106's, he doesn't have a slip, I offered to change it (which moves him up 4 places overall- from low 30s to high 20s), and he hangs up on me after telling me that this is why he'll start running GGR!

Perhaps someone did make a mistake, but geez.

Thanks.

Do you have time for my automobile?
Brad Roberts
I'll be honest I was hearing them say one thing and call out another (and I dont mean with cones) I would hear somebody say: 58 no cones.. but they would call out 59 whatever.. I heard this happen about 8-10 times and couldnt figure it out. I didnt question it because I thought I was missing cones or something.

I was also unclear on whether or not you guy's counted cones AFTER the timers.

I'll speak with Nancy. She wrote 3-4 emails today thanking me. She actually had the mechanic call us about the changes I asked for.

I do have some time for the car before the weekend. Tomorrow evening would be fine.

Any chance of you running the Sonoma airport event this weekend ?

B
EdwardBlume
WOW. You should have told me. Thanks for the input. I didn't know of any issues in the trailer. The time on the PA should be consistent with the timer without any addition, just a cone total if any.

Cones before and after the timer is an issue. Some say no, others think that all cones count. I personally don't want people nailing cones at the end of a run for safety reasons. I also don't want people freely nailing cones before the start while others don't.

We'll clarify all this and make sure nothing this bizarre occurs again. Geez.

I can't run this weekend. I'm going to Fresno to help a friend's family with yard work and house work. Really sad story.

Glad to know you are helping them with their car. I still don't think he should be lighting me up though.

Can I bring the car by next week? I won't be running until April 25.

Thanks.
Brad Roberts
Next week is fine (Mon-Wed)

I didnt want to blast you with what I thought might be "issues". I will be around more often to help at your events. I can even help layout some courses as time goes on. I'm wanting you to attend a few SCCA events. I think it will help you understand the next step. Even if we dont run the event.. just watching and "seeing" what is going on will help you out. We have several multi national event winners that run in this region. Watching/hearing them run a course will shed new light on your bid for a PCA Parade win (yes.. we will shoot for this) I'm betting with the HPH engine in the car you could win this region in SCCA.

B
EdwardBlume
I appreciate your help and I'll take it. I'd also like to see you behind the wheel.

Taking PCA Parade and SCCA would be huge. I've seen Jeff Reitmer drive and he's at a very high level. It seems like the key is being able to put your best time down in 3 laps. Reading the course and knowing your car helps too
Brad Roberts
Did she come with the WARNING label on her crotch ?? laugh.gif I knew having a girl would be bad news in the future but I didnt know they came with a warning label...LOL

Sheryl will smack me the next time she sees me...LOL Hug her for me.

I'll get behind the wheel soon. I may be your tire warmer sometime soon.

I dont show it, but my attitude is still in the crapper. I can show happy, but until I feel better inside... I wont be doing much driving.

B
EdwardBlume
Buck up little camper.

All daughters have warning labels, it reads like "If random boys look at your daughter, cut their nuts off. Ask questions later"

I'll give Cheryl a hug for sure.

I don't know what your funk is about, but if it helps, I think you have an amazing gift with people and cars. You will succeed at what you do. Your gift with people will get you places, trust me.

Sometimes times are tough, but that's what life is about. Every challenge I've ever faced in life has made me stronger. It doesn't get easier, things happen, people come and go, but that's why friends and character endure. What you are and who you care for are not negotable.

If you need anything, let me know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.