Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 44 IDF weber
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
v82go
Hi
I have several sets of webers, one of the sets have manifolds that are aprox. 3/4"
taller than the other set. Would the tall ones work better for spirited street driving
than the shorter ones ? This is a 2.0 that was removed from a HSR car, so it has a non-stock cam, and a few other goodies. And whats up with the extended jets ? see
pic.
Thanks for your help

PS: I will be running closed head vents.
yeahmag
Those aren't extended. That's just the main jet stack...
SirAndy
QUOTE(v82go @ Feb 4 2010, 01:19 PM) *

I have several sets of webers, one of the sets have manifolds that are aprox. 3/4"
taller than the other set. Would the tall ones work better for spirited street driving
than the shorter ones ?

- The longer the more low end torque and less top end HP.
- The shorter the more top end HP and less low end torque.

Same goes for velocity stacks ...
shades.gif Andy
v82go
Thanks, I will go with the tall ones. These jets stick-up over an inch higher
than my other ones (see pic).
SirAndy
QUOTE(v82go @ Feb 4 2010, 02:34 PM) *

These jets stick-up over an inch higher than my other ones (see pic).

The taller ones are the later style (improved design) ...

shades.gif Andy
v82go
And thanks once more.

Bob
Cevan
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 4 2010, 05:35 PM) *

shades.gif Andy

So is the difference between the early and later style just a longer jet stack holder?

Mine have the early style and I'm wondering if it's worth it to get the later style. How much of a difference does it make on low end torque on a 2056?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cevan @ Feb 4 2010, 05:06 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 4 2010, 05:35 PM) *

shades.gif Andy

So is the difference between the early and later style just a longer jet stack holder?
Mine have the early style and I'm wondering if it's worth it to get the later style. How much of a difference does it make on low end torque on a 2056?

Taller main jets and taller intake runners are two completely different things ...

I believe the taller main jets help the fuel atomization, but don't quote me on that.
shades.gif Andy
wertygrog
I think the only difference is the holder...it's taller so less dirt and crud gets sucked in through the A/C jets.
Van
QUOTE(wertygrog @ Feb 4 2010, 08:10 PM) *

I think the only difference is the holder...it's taller so less dirt and crud gets sucked in through the A/C jets.

Right - the "jet" is actually at the bottom of that assembly, if you pull it out. The longer handle just makes it easier to work with - especially if you use a thicker air cleaner base plate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.