Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 Cylinder Vent Tubes with 75 2.0 Djet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Vysoc
Hello,

Long story short I have a 75 2.0 Djet that has been sitting for 10 years. I bought it in 2006 and have been working on it, the orginal 2.0 has a camshaft failure due to woodruf key failure. I bought a 73 2.0 to put in and am going to rebuild the 75 GC. The 73 has the cylinder tube vents, I am running all the 75 FI stuff on the 73 as I was told this would work if MPS, ECU were all the same year/compatible.
My question is, where should I vent the breather tubes from the cylinder heads and what size should the hose be. I realize I need to T the two lines into one before they join the?
It was very cool today trying to start the old girl but we had issues, tightened up the accelerator cable and the threads broke at the bracket, etc..Long Day.

As always thanks for all the wonderful information, also is there a second Charcoal Cannister in the engine bay on a 75 before it runs back to the one above the gas tank?

Vysoc unsure.gif
McMark
See this thread. Ignore the bickering, but the info you need is there.
r_towle
its a 12mm hose you need. I found the best stuff was at the bmw dealership....nice silicone line that does not melt.

I cant recall where the head vents go into the 2.0 liter airfilter but I am sure someone can post a pic.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.