Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Correct "914" "2.0" Emblem Placement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
detoxcowboy
I just ditched my "euro" badge for the "914 2.0" and can't find the "famous thread" on where to place the emblem, w/ "Sahara" Steve's 914 precise example or something like that.. Thank You..
Tom_T
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Feb 4 2010, 07:10 PM) *

I just ditched my "euro" badge for the "914 2.0" and can't find the "famous thread" on where to place the emblem, w/ "Sahara" Steve's 914 precise example or something like that.. Thank You..

Joe - here's the link to Sahara Steve's with good clear rear end pix near the bottom.

You can also come over to measure where the emblem holes in my 73 2L are located - if you need to re-drill yours. Otherwise, the stock holes & studs on the emblems take care of the proper placement. I'll be out Fri & Sat, but here Sun-Tues, just call my cell first so I'm here for sure.

Tom
Orange CA
///////
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Feb 4 2010, 07:38 PM) *

Joe - here's the link to Sahara Steve's with good clear rear end pix near the bottom.

You can also come over to measure where the emblem holes in my 73 2L are located - if you need to re-drill yours. Otherwise, the stock holes & studs on the emblems take care of the proper placement. I'll be out Fri & Sat, but here Sun-Tues, just call my cell first so I'm here for sure.

Tom
Orange CA
///////

Where is the link?
Tom_T
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Feb 4 2010, 07:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Feb 4 2010, 07:38 PM) *

Tom
Orange CA
///////

Where is the link?

Ooops! blink.gif .... here ya go!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=101921

Like I said, if you have already or make the emblem stud holes in the right place, that pretty much takes care of their proper placement automatically. The trouble with looking at the pix of the emblems on a car, is you cannot see where the studs/holes are behind them. dry.gif
Tom_T
Joe - are you still in need of these emblem placement details?? confused24.gif

... I saw you selling the 914 & 2.0 on evil-bay & saying that you're gong back to the Euro emblem!!?? blink.gif

I got sidetracked & rained out the past few weekends, but can hopefully do it this weekend if it's dry. ... just let me know????

BTW - I'm in need of a good metal 2.0 with good studs, if you have an extra one around - & okay if it needs re-anodized, as I need to do the 914 on mine anyway!

If yours was a factory 2.0 & Euro model, then you'd also the 2.0 under & to the right of the "914-VW-Porsche" badge (I have downloaded digi-pix &/or books/pix of that set-up too, if you need it).

Tom T
Orange CA
///////
914werke
what about the placement of the "stickers" on the 76 model? is that the same as the metal & plastic location w/o the holes?
Tom_T
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Mar 30 2010, 12:48 AM) *

what about the placement of the "stickers" on the 76 model? is that the same as the metal & plastic location w/o the holes?

Look at the pix in the Brian Long 914 & 914-6 book - latest edition, as it has pretty good rear end shots of a 75 or 76 & IIRC it's about the same as the earlier plastic & metal ones.

If you can scan or photo that pic in the book (or similar), then print it enlarged to full 1:1 scale for that area showing the L edge of the R Taillight & the script, then you can use that as a template to transfer key points to place the decal script (you could use them for a pic of the metal/plastic formed script too assuming same placement). A non-staining grease pencil to mark the 4 corners of each script (through small holes punched in your template) will give you points along which you can place some thin blue low stick tape for the lines on 4 sides & space between 914 & 2.0, then place the decals as laid out! smile.gif

Also, make sure the surface is cleaned first for best adhesion & burnish the edges after you've squeezed out any bubbles.

BTW - both 75 & 76 MY used the decals, 73 & 74 used the metal script at first but changed to plastic by later 73 or 74 MY.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.