Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Breakfast March 14
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hydroliftin
A couple of 914 owners from the UK will be in San Francisco next month as part of a cross country treck.

See thread Click Here

I suggested we move the 914 breakfast up to Sunday, March 14 and meet up at Alice's Restaurant at 8:00 AM when they open: Click Here for Alice's Restaurant

After breakfast we could make our way over the hill via La Honda Rd to Santa Cruz, Monterey or back to San Francisco. I'll probably head back home to San Jose, but I figure Fabian and Nick may want to see more of the sights.

Let me know if you're in...

underthetire
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Feb 5 2010, 08:02 AM) *

A couple of 914 owners from the UK will be in San Francisco next month as part of a cross country treck.

See thread Click Here

I suggested we move the 914 breakfast up to Sunday, March 14 and meet up at Alice's Restaurant at 8:00 AM when they open: Click Here for Alice's Restaurant

After breakfast we could make our way over the hill via La Honda Rd to Santa Cruz, Monterey or back to San Francisco. I'll probably head back home to San Jose, but I figure Fabian and Nick may want to see more of the sights.

Let me know if you're in...

Pending weather and weather or not my car is still running-pun intended
I'm in.
McMark
Hmmm.... idea.gif

Bit of a drive, but we'll see.
hydroliftin
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 5 2010, 12:06 PM) *

Hmmm.... idea.gif

Bit of a drive, but we'll see.

They will be staying in San Francisco, so I thought Alice's would be a good spot, and a nice drive from SF. I suppose we could consider other nice drives if it works out better for people.
McMark
No, I'm not trying to change anything. Napa is just a little remote, so any 914 gathering is a bit of a drive for me. wink.gif Hasn't stopped me in the past.

I'm gonna see if I can rope someone else into riding with me to keep me company.
jimtab
Can't make it....I'll be in So-cal....
Mike Bellis
I can make it. Awesome roads to travel around Alice's driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
Dave_Darling
I'm in, unless I get overruled by someone else's plans...

--DD
hydroliftin
Bump this up. We have a couple of weeks to gauge interest. 914 breakfast Sunday, March 14 -- Alice's Restaurant at 8:00 AM. Locatin: 17288 Skyline Blvd. Woodside, CA 94062. Maybe a fun run after.
SirAndy
If the weather is nice, that place will be PACKED to the gills on a Sunday morning ...

dry.gif Andy
Mike Bellis
icon_bump.gif
hydroliftin
This meet up is still on, but with a couple of cavaets. My 914 is up on jacks waiting parts, so I'll be in a Ford Focus wacko.gif. Remember the time changes Saturday night, so try to make it by 8:00 if you can.

I touched base with our visiters from England earlier in the week and they would still like to meet up with us on Sunday, but they were unsure at the time if they might be delayed in finding a suitable vehicle to purchase in LA. I'll post an update if I hear anything more. For now I am assuming they will make it okay.
bfrymire
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Mar 12 2010, 04:36 PM) *

This meet up is still on, but with a couple of cavaets. My 914 is up on jacks waiting parts, so I'll be in a Ford Focus wacko.gif. Remember the time changes Saturday night, so try to make it by 8:00 if you can.

I touched base with our visiters from England earlier in the week and they would still like to meet up with us on Sunday, but they were unsure at the time if they might be delayed in finding a suitable vehicle to purchase in LA. I'll post an update if I hear anything more. For now I am assuming they will make it okay.

Will not be able to make this one. A little too early for me. Old guy. smile.gif

-- brett
Dave_Darling
The weather supposedly won't be that nice.

I'll definitely try to make it!

--DD
Mike Bellis
I'm out too. I have to fly to Phoenix Sunday. sad.gif
jesiv
Weather looks good! Count me in piratenanner.gif oops! I'll be there around 9:14 cause 8:00 which is really 7:00 is a little too early for me on a Sunday! dry.gif

See you at 9:14 biggrin.gif
hydroliftin
Well if you missed it, you missed a beautiful Spring morning in the Santa Cruz hills. I showed up in a Ford Focus. Dave Darling showed up in a Honda CRX at about 8:10, and Michael Nagy showed up with his son in his white 914-6 a little later. Alice's Restaurant turned out to be quite a nice place to meet up. Alice's special omlett with hash browns and toast was a big hit! It didn't really start to fill up until about 10:00 when we were leaving. We may try this spot again for a 9:14 breakfast.
jesiv
Sorry I missed evernone blink.gif Well, I didn't get there until 9:30 I saw the white 914 coming down 84. This is a great place to meet. This is where the babblers meet every other month. We meet in a private room out back that seats ~40 people. Obviously no matter which direction you take leaving Alice's is a great twisty road. piratenanner.gif
Michael N
QUOTE(jesiv @ Mar 14 2010, 12:04 PM) *

Sorry I missed evernone blink.gif Well, I didn't get there until 9:30 I saw the white 914 coming down 84. This is a great place to meet. This is where the babblers meet every other month. We meet in a private room out back that seats ~40 people. Obviously no matter which direction you take leaving Alice's is a great twisty road. piratenanner.gif

James - were you in the red boxster? I gave a wave but was thrown off when someone in a boxster actually acknowledged back. smile.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Michael N @ Mar 14 2010, 06:16 PM) *

James - were you in the red boxster? I gave a wave but was thrown off when someone in a boxster actually acknowledged back. smile.gif

That's funny! lol-2.gif
jesiv
QUOTE(Michael N @ Mar 14 2010, 06:16 PM) *

Yes that was me biggrin.gif And you are right... people in 914s and older porsches seem to always wave back whereas newer car owners do not dry.gif

Could be they don't know their car's history and most don't even understand the relationship between VW & Porsche. blink.gif

Anyway sorry I missed y'all Maybe next time piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.