Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help name Sandy's new car!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
rick 918-S
I just made a deal on this Revenna 914. The car is presently in California and in need of a total restoration but I have been looking for a 914 for Sandy for a long time.

It had to be very rust free, it had to be a stand out color, and it had to be cheap.

I hope to drive out with my oldest son within the next month and get her. We already talked about attending the RRC in her. driving-girl.gif

Ok, Sandy already decided she a girl so girls names. I said Revlon because she is the color of cheap make up. lol-2.gif
6freak
"Mags" ...cause i like those wheels
iamchappy
I like Revenna, pretty much sums it up...
rick 918-S
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Feb 5 2010, 06:36 PM) *

agree.gif wub.gif
Ferg
Skittles like the candy is the first thing that popped into my head biggrin.gif
steveherman
Hope would be a great name.
cuz i am sure this car HOPES to be a different color real soon.
6freak
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Feb 5 2010, 06:36 PM) *

sounds like a stripper name lol-2.gif let the wife decide
john grier
Lets just make this work!
Why don't you call her Reva
iamchappy
Reva's good!
underthetire
Sofy

Cause my parents had a ugly couch in the 70's that was the same color.
messix
Margarita!!!
Sleepin
Olivia
IronHillRestorations
Meanie
rick 918-S
QUOTE(9146986 @ Feb 5 2010, 07:41 PM) *

Meanie

Hey Perry, do you have a larger photo of that avatar?
Sleepin
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 5 2010, 08:43 PM) *

Hey Perry, do you have a larger photo of that avatar?

agree.gif

Oh, and I second Olivia! wink.gif
r_towle
Slowpoke
Hers
My other shitbox
Her shitbox
Greta
EdwardBlume
I'm lousy at naming cars... especially green ones... but I think Irma is a good car name.
IronHillRestorations
I pulled it off this website

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/porsche/1969-...9/pictures.html

It looks like the same color as my 6.
Betty
I'm kind of liking Rita. Because it's short for Margarita... which is what that color makes me think of. biggrin.gif

rick 918-S
QUOTE(Betty @ Feb 5 2010, 09:34 PM) *

I'm kind of liking Rita. Because it's short for Margarita... which is what that color makes me think of. biggrin.gif

Hmmm... idea.gif I'll have to tell her you suggested that one. driving-girl.gif
RiqueMar
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 5 2010, 09:42 PM) *

Will we be seeing this at WCR 10'????? idea.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Feb 5 2010, 11:48 PM) *

Or MUSR 11??
rick 918-S
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Feb 5 2010, 09:48 PM) *

Not likely. The car was used as parts car and is hit in the front. I'm good but not that good. smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 6 2010, 05:34 AM) *

Or MUSR 11??

Much more likely. bye1.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 6 2010, 08:26 AM) *

Or MUSR 11??

You gonna bring both 914s?

We are......... biggrin.gif poke.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 8 2010, 12:28 PM) *

Or MUSR 11??

idea.gif I'll have to mention it.... driving-girl.gif driving.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 8 2010, 01:38 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 8 2010, 12:28 PM) *

Or MUSR 11??

idea.gif I'll have to mention it.... driving-girl.gif driving.gif

How many more quotes can you get on a thread? poke.gif lol-2.gif

Rod
Blimey multiquote heaven above!

I'd call it Snot.
Kargeek
Kermit the frog
anderssj
Swee'Pea?
Eddie914
Since the car is from California ... "Sandy Eggo" ... as in Green Eggs and Ham????
Betty
"I'd call it Snot."

Oh man... that's perfect.

How about naming it "Booger"? That name would work whether it's a girl or boy car! happy11.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Betty @ Feb 8 2010, 08:45 PM) *

"I'd call it Snot."

Oh man... that's perfect.

How about naming it "Booger"? That name would work whether it's a girl or boy car! happy11.gif

IPB Image
tradisrad
Did I read somewhere that the car is in Half Moon Bay? I live right over the hill.

How about "Foggy" for a name? Half Moon Bay gets lots of fog.
nsr-jamie
How about Kitty??
Betty
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Feb 8 2010, 11:57 PM) *

How about Kitty??

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif

Clay's 69 Firebird used to be called "Kitty" by his Dad because it leaked so many assorted fluids on the driveway that his Dad was constantly spreading cat litter under it.

Clay was into drag racing (before he saw the light and found sports cars) and was always swapping engines, transmissions, rear ends. You name it, he broke it in his car trying to go faster and faster in a straight line. welder.gif smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif That AAMCO TV commercial where the transmissions parts are coming out from under the car... Clay says he did that on a highway once... at speed.

I think I might reserve the name Kitty only for a car that truly leaked that bad.
6freak
slopok driving-girl.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Betty @ Feb 9 2010, 01:24 PM) *

How about Kitty??

Clay's 69 Firebird used to be called "Kitty" by his Dad because it leaked so many assorted fluids on the driveway that his Dad was constantly spreading cat litter under it.

Clay was into drag racing (before he saw the light and found sports cars) and was always swapping engines, transmissions, rear ends. You name it, he broke it in his car trying to go faster and faster in a straight line. welder.gif smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif That AAMCO TV commercial where the transmissions parts are coming out from under the car... Clay says he did that on a highway once... at speed.

I think I might reserve the name Kitty only for a car that truly leaked that bad.

OOOH... don't be dissin Fred. He was the fastest thing around town when I was in high school!!!

Yes, he leaked. And yes, I blew up 14 automatics and 4 manual transmissions, 6 u-joints, and 3 rear ends before I got it right.

Lots of experience in making horsepower from a Pontiac motor.

rick 918-S
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 9 2010, 11:32 AM) *

How about Kitty??

OOOH... don't be dissin Fred. He was the fastest thing around town when I was in high school!!!

Yes, he leaked. And yes, I blew up 14 automatics and 4 manual transmissions, 6 u-joints, and 3 rear ends before I got it right.

If you were makin big power with a Poncho you have my respect. I used to slay 428 GTO's on a regular basis.

11:50's @ BIR
Katmanken
Hmmmmm,

Woman, car, drive, stop frequently, color, idea.gif

I know....

Pee, er I mean Pea Stop
Todd Enlund
I've said it before... cars have names. You don't name them. They tell you what their name is when they are ready.
Sleepin
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Feb 9 2010, 06:38 PM) *

I've said it before... cars have names. You don't name them. They tell you what their name is when they are ready.

Mine told me:
IPB Image

and Val's car told us too:
IPB Image
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 9 2010, 03:35 PM) *

How about Kitty??

If you were makin big power with a Poncho you have my respect. I used to slay 428 GTO's on a regular basis.

12 flat on street tires at Green Valley raceway. Did that with a 400 Ram Air IV engine (not stock.....). GTO was a big, heavy tank. A firebird was about 5 or 6 hundred lbs lighter. Plus the 9 inch rear end with 4:33 gears and welded spiders helped. With a 4 speed muncie, I could lift the front wheels about 3 inches when launching.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 10 2010, 05:56 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 9 2010, 03:35 PM) *

How about Kitty??

12 flat on street tires at Green Valley raceway. Did that with a 400 Ram Air IV engine (not stock.....). GTO was a big, heavy tank. A firebird was about 5 or 6 hundred lbs lighter. Plus the 9 inch rear end with 4:33 gears and welded spiders helped. With a 4 speed muncie, I could lift the front wheels about 3 inches when launching.

Great engine. Great heads on the 400! Any chassis stuff done?

My Red Sonja had Moroso front coils, 90/10 shocks disc brake conversion,the body was stripped to the shell. 6 point cage, 427 Tri-Power Vette engine with 12:1 forged pistons, flowed closed chamber rectangle port heads, Crower Monach Solid lifter 560/310 cam, TH 400 with no wave plates modded pump and valve body, Fairbanks 3500 converter, solid bushing trailing arms 4.56 12 bolt or 5.13 12 bolt depending on if I was heading to the drag strip of hitting the street Saturday night.
VaccaRabite
What happened to the Bug Eyed Sprite you were making for Sandy? That was a cool car build! That was you, right? Or am I getting my board projects confused?

Zach
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 14 2010, 05:21 PM) *

What happened to the Bug Eyed Sprite you were making for Sandy? That was a cool car build! That was you, right? Or am I getting my board projects confused?

Zach

That's still on. That car is a total resto/custom show case car. She will likely drive it a time or two. This is a long term build of a bare shell and every part will be rebuilt customized or replaced. We are not associated with any Brit clubs so it's fun but not as much of a passion.

After last summer Sandy has been saying she wanted her own 914. I have been half heartedly shopping for one for her. Infact she almost pulled the trigger on one she found herself last spring. Then the tuition bills arrived and she backed off. (wimin!)

Click to view attachment

Heres the plan. This car is hit in the front and was used as a parts source for Bryanf's 75 914. I have only seen a few photos of the car but from what I can see it is veerrryyy solid. I have a front end here donated from Chappy and a parts car Paul (lotus_65) and I pick up together. My goal is to get her into a driver quick.

The Revenna Green 1974 comes with a complete very high milage 75 2.0 with injection.

Sandy is kind of into this thing. She went on ebay an bought herself a 914 match box car because we can't find anymore fo them around here and.... She bought herself a set of AA euro pistons and cylinders! shades.gif Cool! rolleyes.gif

Click to view attachment

One of the names she came up with is Abby. It is a play on words for .... (Alien Baby) assimilate.gif shades.gif

ClayPerrine
clipped quotes for readability....

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 10 2010, 04:39 PM) *

Great engine. Great heads on the 400! Any chassis stuff done?

My Red Sonja had Moroso front coils, 90/10 shocks disc brake conversion,the body was stripped to the shell. 6 point cage, 427 Tri-Power Vette engine with 12:1 forged pistons, flowed closed chamber rectangle port heads, Crower Monach Solid lifter 560/310 cam, TH 400 with no wave plates modded pump and valve body, Fairbanks 3500 converter, solid bushing trailing arms 4.56 12 bolt or 5.13 12 bolt depending on if I was heading to the drag strip of hitting the street Saturday night.

When I finally sold him (dumbest move I ever made headbang.gif ), he had full frame extensions, traction bars, Olds Vista Cruiser front disk brakes (with the towing package), Ford 9 inch rear end with two pumpkins (one 3:90 for during the week, and one 4:33 with welded spiders for racing), a 700R4 for a GM diesel with a B&M 3500 converter and a B&M star shifter, headers with cutouts, big valves, 10:5 to 1 pistons, 750 double pumper, edelbrock intake, cam(don't remember the specs) and lifters in a matched set. He also had no AC. I was in High school when I built this, and got a lot of parts from a friend who's father owned a wrecking yard, and I did lots of work on friend's cars in trade for parts. No cage, no racing belts.. I was a dumb kid.

Maltese Falcon
Key Lime or Carolyn Crayola
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Feb 9 2010, 06:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Feb 9 2010, 06:38 PM) *

and Val's car told us too:
IPB Image

Why is Ron taking a dump on Eric's shoe?
914_teener
QUOTE(kwales @ Feb 9 2010, 02:20 PM) *

Hmmmmm,

Woman, car, drive, stop frequently, color, idea.gif

I know....

Pee, er I mean Pea Stop

agree.gif

But......I am questioning logic here....not that this is a logical arguement...but

Man names cars a womans name right?

Woman names car a woman's name?

What is going on here?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.