Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chicagoland dinner on April 3rd
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
For anyone interested we have planned a Chicagoland get together.

OK mark you calendars. Rain or Shine:

Where:
Hooters of Orland Park.

15300 Lagrange Road Orland Park, IL 60462
708-460-4088

When: April 3rd @ 7PM

Lets have some food &

Hope you can make it.

- Garold
GaroldShaffer
Just the daily bump to keep this at the top of the page.

- Garold
blonde914
We will try to make it!!! I don't even hate Hooters. They have great wings. My husband can look all he wants, he not dead yet!

ChrisH where are you?

Sherry driving-girl.gif
Chris H.
I am in Plainfield! I will be there.
blonde914
Bringing this to the top! Hope the weather is good next Saturday, although I'll come even if it rains. Took her out today for just a quick run, she isn't running so good-something in the weber carbs we think. Wonder what that is going to cost me. See ya next weekend.
Sherry driving-girl.gif
GaroldShaffer
Bumpy bump.
GWN7
Bump....

So there is going to be 6 of you (3 posters & 3 SO)?

Or is there a bunch going that haven't posted?
seanery
hey, you guys know this is the same day as the tweeks thing. It's not the porsche only one, but I'm sure they'll be a big turnout.
eresener
Sean,
I got the word last night that it was jsut the Porsche and VW stuff...no vetts...they have their own this summer.
Ed

sawzall-smiley.gif
GaroldShaffer
hey, you guys know this is the same day as the tweeks thing. It's not the porsche only one, but I'm sure they'll be a big turnout.

Nope didn't know that. O'well I'm still going to Hooters. Effingham is a bit of a drive 3+ hrs for me.
Now if they were still in Indy, it would be a different story.

So there is going to be 6 of you (3 posters & 3 SO)?

Not sure, my wife isn't going. Not that she doesn't want to but our little guys bedtime is 8 - 8:30pm
and trust me he needs his sleep. wub.gif

Garold
GaroldShaffer
The little guy wub.gif
GaroldShaffer
Bump to the top.
GaroldShaffer
Well I hope Tom Skilling is right. Looks like its going to be cooler in on Saturday but no rain (when are weather men ever right?

- Garold

PS. Bump to the top.
blonde914
My husband was Tom's assistant in college, he is probably wrong, but thats OK. Maybe it will be 80 and sunny.
Bump

Sherry driving-girl.gif
GaroldShaffer
Weather report is looking better mid 50's & Sun for Saturday smilie_pokal.gif

- Garold

PS The daily bump!
blonde914
50's is warm enough for me!! All I need is a little sun!! We are in MN right now but will be back on Friday. The weather here sucks, but it is a cool 70 degrees in Mall of America. Wish I liked Malls.

BUMP

Sherry driving-girl.gif
GaroldShaffer
Todays BUMP to the top.

- Garold

PS. Saturday's forecast 55 & sunny smilie_pokal.gif
Chris H.
So who all is coming?
GaroldShaffer
I'll be there. Just look for this car.. smile.gif wub.gif

- Garold
GaroldShaffer
Looking forward to meeting some other 914ers tomorrow. I will bring my digital camera and post pics on Sunday.

- Garold

PS Bump
Chris H.
Well, we had a nice night out, grand total of 5 loyal 914 owners including:

Blonde914 (Sherry)
Blonde914's husband
itsa914 (Garold)
Bill Shaw (from Kalamazoo, Michigan)
Chris H. (me)

It was nice to meet you all and share a few stories. Garold, did any of the pics turn out? It was DAMN cold outside but we got a few 'teeners lined up for a pic or two. Everyone make it home OK?

Chris H.
GaroldShaffer
Yep I gots pics. As soon as the wife is done with the home computer I will post the pics. Had a great time hope to do it again next month and maybe a few more can attend.

- Garold
Bill Shaw
Made it home fine, but the time change nearly did me in. Hit Kalamazoo at 3:15 A.M.! Glad Hooters was down South. Had a great time, but next time I'll get the hotter wings. Thanks for organizing this and hop to see more 'teeners next visit. Maybe I'll even get the bumpers on to celebrate.

beerchug.gif
Chris H.
Great to hear Bill. Your car looked pretty good even without the bumpers. Nice paint. Now that I see both of yours I am finally going to bring the nose of mine down a bit.

I bet if we set the date a little farther out we could get a few more people and cars to turn out. I've met a few real nice folks recently that would probably come.

beerchug.gif
GaroldShaffer
Would you want to do a 9:14 breakfast? like at IHOP or something. Or does dinner work better but lets try for 6pm? I was thinking like May 8th or 15th?

- Garold
GWN7
I think May 15th is the long weekend
GaroldShaffer
Maybe in Canada, but Labor day long weekend is May 1st here in the States.

-Garold
blonde914
Had a great time. Loved everyones cars. Scott was glad we didn't bring mine, he would have been embarrased by how the engine looked compared to your cars. I think it was just what he needed to be motivated to do some work on her himself. First he has to get the carbs right. He didn't stop talking about the cars all the way home. Like I told Garold, he understands now my passion about my car and this club and how much support and help there is out there if you just ask.

Thanks guys, I look forward to the next get together.
Sherry
Chris H.
Yeah Garold I think a breakfast might be even better. Less crowds, and easier to see the cars. May 15th is no good for me though. The 8th looks fine.
GaroldShaffer
OK lets do a Windy City 9:14 breakfast at the IHOP on La Grange Rd in Orland Park? If we are going to do this monthly then lets pick a Saturday, something like the first Saturday of the month? Since May 1st is part of the labor day weekend would the 8th be better?

- Garold
Chris H.
Cool! I think that's great Garold. How about we do the next one in Orland Park 5/8, then we can pick a different spot at that time to mix it up a bit if everyone wants to. If we have some folks come from the north maybe we go up a bit next time. Or we can just come to your house and pick through your parts laugh.gif .

Besides us 5 I know there are 914 clubbers in:

Bolingbrook
Morris
Long Grove
Buffalo Grove
Arlington Heights
Gurnee

And many others I missed.
GaroldShaffer
Besides us 5 I know there are 914 clubbers in:

Yep I had a message on the Bird from Howard Henneman, he missed the 3rd but is looking forward to our next one.

So in my mind its a done deal. I will start a new thread but the details would be:

Windy City 9:14 Breakfast May 8th

IHOP at 14860 S. La Grange Road
Orland Park, IL 60462-3229

(708) 873-0760

Rain or shine
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.