Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone able to do a PPI in Long Island,NY?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porsche Rescue
A friend here in Oregon is interested in the Olympic blue '73 2.0 on Ebay (item 2469156278). Claimed low miles and no rust. He would like a first hand opinion if possible. Even an Oregonian knows NY is a big place so "Long Island" may not mean much. I can get a phone/address if anyone can help. Thanks
tod914
If you can get the owner to meet me 1/2 way or bring it here, it's possible I can look at it. I can't drive too far do to menieres. There is also a good shop in Chatham NJ. AutoHaus. Gene knows 914's well.

Where in LI is he?
TimT
Odd that doesnt look like a NY plate..

My friend shop could do a ppi, or I could have a look if its not on the other end of the island.

I will be away skiing till next thursday though..
Porsche Rescue
Tim, please email your friends shop location and phone # to me at jimchambers41@hotmail.com The auction ends on Wed. but thanks for your offer.

Tod, I'm trying to get more detail on the location. Thanks
TimT
The shop is the link at the bottom of my sig...
TimT
the phone number and address is on the "location" page
tod914
A shop would probally be best. That way you can have a compression and leak down performed. The best I could do is give you a driving impression and detailed cosmetic evaluation.
Porsche Rescue
I now have an address for the seller, 263 Broadway, Huntington Station, NY, 11746
I also have a phone # if someone is nearby and able to take a look. I think my friend primarily wants to know if the car is as described and not rusty. Bid is up to $5300 but I think it will go higher. A first hand opinion of value would be helpful.
The car would be used as an occasional driver for his wife.
TimT
Huntington is like 30 mile from Bills shop.

Right now I am finishing packing for my spring ski trip..

Thing is you have to pay flatbed to my friends shop... and then pay the ppi time...

dunno how to help
TimT
I wonder where the car came from? its not a NY plate..and there are very few 914's on the road here
Bleyseng
A visual PPI should be good enough. I usually just look for rust and more rust . Then I look to see if the car is complete and as represented.

Geoff
tod914
He is like 1/2 out in LI. I couldn't chance driving that far if I got a dizzy spell. If he is willing to meet me on the Jersey side of the Hudson off of route 80, that would be about the best I could I do. Maybe try emailing/calling someone in the PCA in that chaphter. That is how I managed to get a PPI for my car when it was out in Ark. If you find someone close, you can walk them through what you want looked at with a cell phone. Wish I could help more.
Bleyseng
oh, I see you are in NJ which is pretty far from LI.
tod914
It's actually not that far milage wise, just under 60. But traffic can be a real bear. The LIE can be a major nightmare. Comparable to the 101 or 5 in Los Ang during rush hour. It takes 20-30 minutes to get into Manhatten from where I am. So, if he was on the western edge of LI, near the city, it wouldn't of been too bad.
Bleyseng
Seattle was a real bear today. Had a accident at 1PM on I5 south and the backup was 9 miles! I drove the surface streets to stay off the freeway parking lot.

Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.