Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1976 914 327 V8 Conversion $10,700 OBO
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
preacheranav
$10,700 OBO Read below for NEW Lowered Price

I'm selling my 1976 914 V-8 conversion car due to military move in April. All the parts are from Renegade and the car was assembled at their shop in Vegas. The car no longer has the EFI that you see in the pictures or the high performance axels but everything else you see goes with the car (does have stock axels). I will forget something but the basics are these (stream of consciousness and I know I've forgotten much so just ask if you have questions). I couldn't get any of the pictures to load here so you can go to the following link and see all of them. The pics of the car in the driveway are pre-converstion. There are some of the actual conversion process and the ones in the garage are of the car last week.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47051672@N05/...57623342803830/

Original 65,000 mile chasis and interior (in excellent condition).
Chevy 327 V-8 (minus intake maifold, carb, distributor, and fuel pump)
Renegade conversion transmission (1st gear removed, taller 4th and 5th gear).
NEW in box aluminum radiator (original sprung leak and was warrantied)
Renegade 5 lug conversion suspension with Renegade Big Red Brakes and 911 vented rotors.
911 SC front suspension with vented rotors all the way around. All the suspension parts were powdercoated and completely rebuilt from bearings to bushing to nuts and bolts.
All new parts.
A/C (blew cold on trip across country)
Heat
Speedometer converted for V-8.
New tires.
NO RUST (original battery tray as you can see from pictures). I have pictures of the paint work done on the car more than
10 years ago and it still looks phenominal. There are a couple spots but you can see it still looks great.
Cooling system is all Renegade.
All parts for the conversion are Renegade parts and the conversion was done in their shop in Las Vegas.
Aluminum Edelbrock heads.
Complete Renegade engine conversion parts.
Renegade headers and dual exhaust with new mufflers.

I have more than $25,000 (parts and labor) in this car and that doesn't include the car itself. The first test drive after the conversion the car did 120mph as if it was standing still. Would have gone faster with NO Problem but didn't want to stress a brand new engine. I drove it from Vegas to VA (2500 miles in two and a half days) prior to my Iraq deployment and garaged it. The conversion was completed in Aug of 08 and I deployed in Sept. The problem was Renegade was never able to get the EFI properly dialed in so I pulled it and got rid of it. I haven't had time to replace the intake system and get it back on the road. I was in the process of pulling the motor when my orders arrived. Now I have to move and am upside down in my house and need funds quickly so the car must go. Car is garaged but can easily be trailered to a new home. As you can see from the pictures there is NO rust on this car. It is extremely solid and only needs intake manifold, carb, and fuel pump for the engine. Engine ran cold (temp in the green) all the way across country as well. Everything is here and anyone with some basic engine experience and time can get it back on the road fairly quickly. It's a great car and I hate to part with it but my move and family come first. Please ask questions and I'll work on arranging travel for the next owner. I'll be glad to take pictures of any part of the car you'd like to see and I've also included a few pics from the build in Vegas. I have to emphasis that this isn't a project car. Everything you need (except for what's listed above) is here to put the car back on the road. This isn't a garage queen. I am going to continue to work to get it running again and back on the road so that I can raise the price on the car. Standing by for questions and comments. Kevin, 216-789-7222 or preacheranav@yahoo.com
BIGKAT_83
This looks like a great buy. If someone wants a V8 this is it, The conversion parts alone would be more than the asking price.

Bob
preacheranav
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Feb 10 2010, 02:45 AM) *

This looks like a great buy. If someone wants a V8 this is it, The conversion parts alone would be more than the asking price.

Bob

Thanks Bob... New price is $10,700 and now I'm going to sweeten the deal, but first, a breakdown if you were to go buy just SOME of the things coming with this car (fact and my opinion).

Rust free 64,000 mile 1976 914 shell: $1000 (low guess)
Renegade 901 Transaxle: $2500 (with core)
Renegade Big Red Brake set-up: $2500
Renegade Cooling system with new radiator still in box: $1100
Renegade A/C and Heat System: $1800
Renegade Basic Conversion Kit: $1900
High Torque Starter: $239

With just those things you're at $11,039 and I haven't even scratched the surface of what's with this car. I didn't even include the engine, headers, or exhaust!

If you buy the car within the next two weeks (15 March 2010) you can have it for $10,200 ($2000 non-refundable deposit by the 15th).

I need the car to go. I'll answer any questions and I'll do whatever I can to help get the car to you no matter where you're located.

Kevin Preacheranav@yahoo.com
Krank
I see some pics of the V8 with a serpentine belt for accessories and some with a V belt, why is that?
preacheranav
QUOTE(Krank @ Mar 3 2010, 08:58 PM) *

I see some pics of the V8 with a serpentine belt for accessories and some with a V belt, why is that?

The engine prior to going to Vegas didn't have A/C. Once it got to Renegade I had them put A/C into the car so they added the new adapter as well as the compressor and the associated serpentine belt. Let me know if you have any other questions.
TC 914-8
QUOTE(Krank @ Mar 3 2010, 09:58 PM) *

agree.gif great deal If I didn't already have one this would be it. There is a guy at the top of the clasifieds looking for a V-8 car???? Just an idea confused24.gif
Root_Werks
Yeah, looking at the pictures, seems like this is a pretty clean conversion. Anyone looking for a 914-8 should be calling this guy.
cary_todd
she is sweet. Ill tell you what I wish I had saved the money I am spending on my v8 build and just bought this one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.