Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: back to 914 land/shop in LA?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dem
Hey 914 massive,

I owned a '74 914 2.0 10+ years ago (it is in the VIN database, so someone has it!) - after spending a few years in 993 and Boxster land, I've decided to return to something old. All the memories of rust and horror have faded to nostalgia!

I'm tempted by trying to find a nice original 6.. but honestly I'd like to just drive it and not worry about keeping it in 5 star shape, so I could be tempted by a really nice 73-74 2.0 or -6 conversion.

There seems to be a nice -6 conversion in LA (fresh 2.7L from otto's, heat exchangers, 911 gauges/suspension, etc.) - but since I'm in northern california, I'd like a pro to take a look at it - particularly one that knows about rust. Can anyone recommend a shop near Playa del Ray to take a look?

Or if anyone knows the car/owner - that'd be even better. It's a horizon blue 1973 conversion, with brown interior.

Thanks guys. If there is a more local forum that this is appropriate for, PM me.

Dennis
Krieger
Why don't you talk to John at Otto's? Did he do the work on the car or just engine? He knows his stuff and can at least tell you if it is a rust bucket. This forum is about as local as it gets. There are a lot of us Bay area guys on here.
WordSmith
Otto's Venice is local to the Marina. Call them at 310-399-3221.
Otto probably knows about the car, and the seller, if he did work on it. Seems like he knows "all-things-914!"
The shop knows 993s and Boxsters, too. That's where my 986 goes!
dem
Thanks guys.. I guess I'll have him wheel it to Otto's - he's had the car since 1985, and has all the records.. so.. I think it is more of a question of value vs. condition than anything seriously lurking.
campbellcj
I would actually just call John @ Ottos first to see what he knows about the car. If he has worked on it recently then he can give you an initial opinion without looking over it again. Then if it sounds worth pursuing you can bring it to the shop for a more thorough PPI.
Mr.242

There's a nice conversion for sale up here in WA. State.....

http://www.cvluxurycars.com/css/1974Porsche914-6Black.htm

It's original add was on Craigslist-Seattle.

FYI only. I know NOTHING of this car. In some pictures it has Idaho plates.
screwy.gif But it is parked on a Wa. State car lot.

Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.