Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 4 to porsche 5 lug adapters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
U N S E E N
As the topic states, looking for some adapters. Let me know what youve got! thanks!
U N S E E N
QUOTE(U N S E E N @ Feb 7 2010, 02:10 PM) *

As the topic states, looking for some adapters. Let me know what youve got! thanks!

nobody?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(U N S E E N @ Feb 13 2010, 04:58 AM) *

QUOTE(U N S E E N @ Feb 7 2010, 02:10 PM) *

nobody?

Pretty much nobody.

Search the topic and you'll quickly see why nobody considers them a viable option.
There are a couple of right ways to do 5-lug conversion - but adapters is the wrong way.

I wouldn't have them on a car, and I wouldn't care to share the road with a car so equipped.

It might be an OK concept if a reputable company made them, but none ever did. 914's already have offset and fender clearance problems, and adding spacers to increase the track just makes it worse. Unless you want to run wheels even narrower than the 4-lugs - and then what did that buy you?

I don't want to rain on your parade but you really need to rethink this idea.

(BTW - Welcome to the Club!)
bdstone914
If you want to do 5 lug the right way I can help you with rear five lug hubs that are properly converted. For your own safety do not use 4 to 5 lug adapters. They can break and you will have fit problems with the added offset. I will not sell adapters to anyone who would use them for anything more than on a on a non driving car.
Bruce
RJMII
You can also check www.pmbperformance.com for 5 lug conversion stuff that is *really* done the correct way. Your safety is worth the $$.

underthetire
There are some very cheap cast ones. Those are real bad. I have a set of the billet ones that are hub centric. They work just fine. But they are $$$$. I will be selling these off soon, but I only have two since my rear is a 5 lug conversion.
photomunkey
I'm actually looking at buying a '72 which has Fuchs, and 5-lug front adapters. The rears look like they were converted with studs through 914-6 rear brake rotors. I am considering removing the adapters and going back to 4-lug wheels (and selling off the 5-lug Fuchs. I'm not entirely sure, but I believe these adapters have been on this car for nearly/over 20 years now! I can't say how well they work as the car isn't in running condition at the moment, more a fault of the owner than the adapters.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.