Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Window is Rattling
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dale 914
Hi everyone,
I have searched the threads and have not found how to fix a loose, rattling rear window that is flopping around. It rattles at every little bump and the outside seal between the glass and the body is in need of repair as well.
How do I fix this problem and what seals do I need.
thanks.
Dale
Eric_Shea
Look in the "Classics" threads.
jonferns
Here's the link to Eric's rear window repair thread to make life simpler. bye1.gif
bandjoey
BE READY. When I pulled out the interior parts, the window fell out and it was a lucky catch before it hit the floor. The old sealer is so dry, the window is literally being held in by the upholstry.
dale 914
Guys,
thank you very much for the info and PICS!!!

Dale
johnnie5
Mine was rattling also. Did the job a year ago with Eric's 'how to' thread. Piece of cake, still holding perfectly.
dale 914
QUOTE(johnnie5 @ Feb 11 2010, 07:27 PM) *

Mine was rattling also. Did the job a year ago with Eric's 'how to' thread. Piece of cake, still holding perfectly.

Did you replace the seal on the outside of the glass toward the engine? if so, where did you buy it?

Thanks.

Dale
Eric_Shea
Doesn't get any better than this...

http://shop.914rubber.com/product.sc?produ...mp;categoryId=4
johnnie5
QUOTE(dale 914 @ Feb 11 2010, 07:30 PM) *

QUOTE(johnnie5 @ Feb 11 2010, 07:27 PM) *

Did you replace the seal on the outside of the glass toward the engine? if so, where did you buy it?

Thanks.

Dale

Nope, mine was good. Looks like Mr. Shea has you dialed on that though...
EdwardBlume
I've used the regular 3M window seal (coiled in a box) from any auto parts store.. about $12.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.