Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whale Tail
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
The trunk spoiler on my new car is a little, uh, obvious. Nicely made, all one piece fiberglass, but a little loud for me.
Anyone want it? Open to offers that include new f/g trunk lid, have no idea how to ship.
Lots more pics available.
Mueller
i'd be willing to picth in to have it properly destroyed before it ends up on a bone stock 1.7 running steel hub caps smile.gif , hahahaha

got kids?, give it to them for a skateboard ramp ........
Joe Bob
Just for shits and giggles....how much?
Howard
Mueller: finger.gif Add cupholders and barstools for the ultimate tailgate party.

MikeZ: You pick it up and bring new fg lid painted to match. That's about $350 so there you go. This sucker would look great while you're sitting nekkid on Manfred. $300 if you include picture so I can post.
Joe Bob
I have the silver one on Manfred for trade......BTW,,,,I pose nekkid for no man....however I WILL be happy to moon ya.....
seanery
Howard,
I'm glad to hear your losing that thing. It'll add thousands to the value of your car! LOL
GWN7
Wrap the edges in bubble wrap, then tape cardboard around the whole thing.

Greyhound
Aaron Cox
GEEZ!!! who killed moby dick? laugh.gif
Howard
mikez. f/g or steel? hinge situation or all pins? know you have a buddy who paints. will you take care of that?
think we can make a deal, but want to keep this tread going for the humor.
Notice how all the CA guys have something smart ass to say?
Notice how the midwest guys are helpful and polite?
GWN7
Helpful and polite? Not really. wink.gif

Just how many times can you say F-uggly laugh.gif
Mueller
now that I think of it....ship it up to Bruce....I'll spring for a box of 12g shot shells to put that thing out of it's misery smile.gif fighting19.gif
Aaron Cox
Thar she blows!!!! grab the harpoon! laugh.gif
GWN7
Thanks Mike. I do my own reloading so I have lots of ammo. Only thing is, I'd be afraid that lid would scare all the deer off my farm, not to mention it's calfing season and neibours with cattle might get upset if they lost a few because of the stampede I'm sure the sight of it would would cause. laugh.gif

BTW: I like the car, even when it matched the PO's bus smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
Joe Bob
All glass, sits on four pins.....dependant on whether my partner in crime wants to trade.....I sent him the link.....prolly hear tonight.

For a track only '14, it ain't so bad. With 160hp it will have the balls to back it up.
ninefourteener
finger.gif to all the whale tail haters--LOL

Howard... it's cool that you're not digging the spoiler.. but personally, I think your car is seriously amongst the "bad-assinest" on this site.

On a straight car... it would be overpowering... But if my car were flared.... I'd be all over this offer.. definately!

Here's to drawing unnecessary attention to your vehicle beerchug.gif
Joe Bob
Hey Howie....you need some custom graphics on the side of that monster....
blonde914
Howard, I like the spoiler, but I understand your need to get rif of it. I see these big things on the back of all sorts of cars, some as high as a foot or two. My daughter and I decided men use the size of their spoiler to compare to the size of their p_n_s. mueba.gif Its all about inches. Think about it, when you guys talk about TVs its all about inches. To women it only matters if it works right.

Sherry driving-girl.gif
Andyrew
Personally im afraid of putting a small stock spoiler on my car for fear that it will look stupid. I like the look now.. but I dont know..
That tail is way to much for a street car.

Verry glad your getting rid of it.

Andrew
GWN7
Sorry Sherry, but you will have to try harder if you want the hat. laugh.gif (Says the man with a 100' tape measure) laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 25 2004, 01:41 PM)
Hey Howie....you need some custom graphics on the side of that monster....

thats say...i slayed the great white whale!!! and have proof! laugh.gif
Eric Taylor
Hey, you gota admire the work that went into making the tail. It looks like it was done really well. I'm sure someone would love to have it. I'd ebay it.
Eric
SpecialK
Yeah, I know...A lot of people on this BBS think that a 'spoiler spoils the 914', I personally like certain styles. BeeJay's 914 on the PP BBS looked pretty good with the Honda (?) spoiler, but I also must agree some of them are a bit extreme (mine was almost sporting a big whale tail, but the PO wanted the cash for something else and sold it). What I would like to know is if anyone has a picture of a 914 with one of Rennspeed's bridgewing spoilers on it. Just curious what it would look like idea.gif
SpecialK
I believe I've found an excellent example of the above mentioned spoiler...Very nice Mudfoot!
seanery
Special K, while this isn't exactly that same one, it'll give you an idea of what it looks like.
IPB Image
seanery
haha....you were faster than me.
Mueller
who owns that green 914?? It looks like a car I used to see in the Fremont, CA area about 6 or 7 years ago....saw him at Taco Bell a few times
maf914
Anyone remember the Wayne Baker or Automotion 2.5L IMSA 914's? They had monster whale tails like Howard's. I guess to get much downforce with a spoiler on the 914 tail you have to get pretty high. A little much for the street though.

Mike
lagunero
Hey Sherry, what kind of TV's are you talking about?

(Howard asked me to ask you) huh.gif
SpecialK
who owns that green 914?? It looks like a car I used to see in the Fremont, CA area about 6 or 7 years ago....saw him at Taco Bell a few times

It belongs to a new member from Indy...Mudfoot is his sign-on name.

I love that color on a 914 wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.