Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Six Conversion Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ericv1

I have a 911 1970T as a donor car that the engine is coming from. Currentley, it's setup with a CDI (Captive Discharge Ignition). Will I need to move the Bosche CDI box over from the 911 inorder to get the engine running in the teener? Thanks in advance.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Ericv1 @ Feb 8 2010, 11:47 AM) *

I have a 911 1970T as a donor car that the engine is coming from. Currentley, it's setup with a CDI (Captive Discharge Ignition). Will I need to move the Bosche CDI box over from the 911 inorder to get the engine running in the teener? Thanks in advance.

yes
Ericv1
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 8 2010, 01:58 PM) *

yes

Thanks George.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
And of course it mounts on a plate attached to the front of the battery tray.

QUOTE(Ericv1 @ Feb 8 2010, 12:27 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 8 2010, 01:58 PM) *

yes

Thanks George.

ClayPerrine
You will have to rearrange the wiring, as the CD box is not in the same relative location as it is on a 911. The engine harness is different too. I can provide a wiring diagram if you like, as I have done this on my car. I have the diagram on my computer at home, but not here.

I would suggest that you purchase a spare CD box and keep it with you. They are notorious about blowing the power transistor and leaving you stranded on the side of the road. I mounted mine on the back side of the factory bracket, and if the primary fails, I can just hook the wiring to the spare and continue down the road.

914Sixer
AA now has repro mounting brackets available now for a clean installation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.