Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 on Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PlaysWithCars
Looks like a good basis for a project car.
1970 914-6 Ebay link

What do you think it will go for? It's already higher than I would have thought.
Tonyiz
QUOTE(plays with cars @ Feb 9 2010, 12:43 AM) *

Looks like a good basis for a project car.
1970 914-6 Ebay link

What do you think it will go for? It's already higher than I would have thought.

Yes! See "WORTH IT" thread.

If the winning bidder is legit and pays up. He/she is going to be pissed when they receive car.
VaccaRabite
Can't fault the seller. He has gone out of his way to point out the car's flaws.

Zach
6freak
wonder what the vin# is lol-2.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 9 2010, 06:45 AM) *

wonder what the vin# is lol-2.gif

nomore9one4
confused24.gif I would say the car is worth more than that in parts! I see no deception. driving.gif driving-girl.gif
zztot
agree.gif
PArtiing it almost only logical step

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 9 2010, 06:37 AM) *

Can't fault the seller. He has gone out of his way to point out the car's flaws.

Zach

Tonyiz
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 9 2010, 08:37 AM) *

Zach

DITTO! Auto pics on ebay always make the car look better then it actually is!
Lavanaut
QUOTE(Tonyiz @ Feb 9 2010, 12:41 AM) *

He/she is going to be pissed when they receive car.

Why, is there something you know about this car that the rest of the world can't see for themselves? That sounded more smartassed than intended, but really, there are plenty of pics and the car seems pretty well represented. For someone with time, skill and motivation (or just deep pockets), it's not priced too badly at $10.6k. Not going to be a car to fix and sell and make money on though...at least not in the short term.

Let's see where it goes. Great color on a six.

edit: now at $12.3k.
mepstein
QUOTE(zztot @ Feb 9 2010, 10:32 PM) *

agree.gif
PArtiing it almost only logical step

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 9 2010, 06:37 AM) *

Zach

How much do you think you can get from a parted 6? Doesn't everything need to be rebuit/restored?
Jaymann
Good luck with that one,I would not buy it for that price.I would be suprised if it sold for 8,000.Lets see how much he gets, when someone actually has to come up with the cash.Looks like a total endless money pitt to me.Jaymann
sixaddict
I'll bet seller is sitting back going piratenanner.gif
Kind of amazing that free market stuff ...aint it !
Got no dog in this hunt (that's southern for no interest just spectating) but pretty amusing ......
Lav don't take it so seriously ...think that is all everyone else is saying !
PlaysWithCars
The car can be saved, but not without some serious effort. Before the $$ got so high there was the option to part it or restore it; but at this price the buyer has got to be thinking about restoring it.

So, assume all of the -6 parts are there (dangerous assumption, you never know what's happened in the history of the car). You have $13k for the car w/ shipping, $8-10k for a motor rebuild, $10k for body and paint. You're at ~$32k. What's a resurrected 914-6 going to bring on the market? $35k - $40k? If you can do any of the work yourself the proposition gets better.

Might not be a bad deal if you're bored and needed a project. Its not a money maker, but it is a way to get a nice car that will hold its value and could be enjoyed.
tod914
Think the buyer is going to be in for a surprize once that paint is stripped off the car. Always cheaper to buy one that is done. More power to him or her smile.gif Certianly deserves to be restored.
Tonyiz
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Feb 10 2010, 12:56 PM) *

QUOTE(Tonyiz @ Feb 9 2010, 12:41 AM) *

He/she is going to be pissed when they receive car.

Why, is there something you know about this car that the rest of the world can't see for themselves? That sounded more smartassed than intended, but really, there are plenty of pics and the car seems pretty well represented. For someone with time, skill and motivation (or just deep pockets), it's not priced too badly at $10.6k. Not going to be a car to fix and sell and make money on though...at least not in the short term.

Let's see where it goes. Great color on a six.

edit: now at $12.3k.

I know what I intended by my text and don't you to inject some distorted interpretation on my behalf. And yes I've seen numerous of 914's well beyond help. This notion that every car is salvageable is nonsense. If that were the case every 914 would still be around.
ghuff
so did they just paint over the rust? Because that is what it looks like.

Bodge'd in the 90's eh?
T H O M A S
14K+ screwy.gif
oz371
QUOTE(T H O M A S @ Feb 11 2010, 12:37 PM) *

14K+ screwy.gif

13k+ screwy.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(oz371 @ Feb 11 2010, 12:53 PM) *
QUOTE(T H O M A S @ Feb 11 2010, 12:37 PM) *

14K+ screwy.gif

13k+ screwy.gif

12k+ screwy.gif
turboman808
Wow I thought that seemed fair til I saw the pictures. It's in pretty bad shape.
Dr Evil
Wow. Maybe a collector with a body shop is buying it? Pics are pretty revealing that it had a Maaco paint job. Sprayed over everything, almost.
codices
Notice that it is in Rochester, NY. Having grown up in upstate NY (lived there until 1954) I remember the NY roads being like one large "salt lick." May not be that way anymore but it was a "consumer" of non-galvanized metal.

The bid is now up to $14,500. A good multi-winters project.

Dave
Tonyiz
That piece of junk just set the bar for me! My piece of junk 914-6 just has surface rust on the body and is inop. At $14.6K it's a steal compared to that car! Any takers......LMAO!
Michael N
QUOTE(Tonyiz @ Feb 12 2010, 09:21 AM) *

That piece of junk just set the bar for me! My piece of junk 914-6 just has surface rust on the body and is inop. At $14.6K it's a steal compared to that car! Any takers......LMAO!

From what I hear...I don't believe they are making any more 1970 914/6 at the factory. One day this will seem like a steal. I hope =).
6freak
you would all cry if i told ya what i paid ....pretty much the way it looks now ...I have done some stuff to it
Tonyiz
QUOTE(Michael N @ Feb 12 2010, 09:44 PM) *

QUOTE(Tonyiz @ Feb 12 2010, 09:21 AM) *

From what I hear...I don't believe they are making any more 1970 914/6 at the factory. One day this will seem like a steal. I hope =).

I sure hope so also!
Tonyiz
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 12 2010, 10:01 PM) *

you would all cry if i told ya what i paid ....pretty much the way it looks now ...I have done some stuff to it

At $800 mine was a steal for the condition that it's in. OOPS!

SirAndy says $500 for his.

What you got?

OOPS! Maybe I shouldn't have said steal..... poke.gif
Luke M
I just purchased this 914-6 ... at a lower $ then what it was sold on e-bay... I spoke with the seller who stated it sold to a guy over sea's.. the deal fell through when the buyer didnt want to pay for the car per the sellers request. I looked the 6 over even on a lift its not as bad as the pics show it to be. the seller knows nothing of porsche cars, and didnt want to know anything about it. it was taking up room in his shop and wanted it sold.. he even dropped the 6 off at my house on his flatbed truck. The 6 has been sitting in a garage since 1983 and ran when parked at that time. The prev owner passed away then the 6 was sold. Its all there as parts go, needs some work yes but can be saved. Ive seen a lot worse 914s that were repaired.. Will update with pics in the next few days..
Drums66
9k- idea.gif popcorn[1].gif
Drums66
Another winner sucker huh.gif
Cupomeat
QUOTE(Luke M @ Feb 13 2010, 02:36 PM) *

I just purchased this 914-6 ... at a lower $ then what it was sold on e-bay... I spoke with the seller who stated it sold to a guy over sea's.. the deal fell through when the buyer didnt want to pay for the car per the sellers request. I looked the 6 over even on a lift its not as bad as the pics show it to be. the seller knows nothing of porsche cars, and didnt want to know anything about it. it was taking up room in his shop and wanted it sold.. he even dropped the 6 off at my house on his flatbed truck. The 6 has been sitting in a garage since 1983 and ran when parked at that time. The prev owner passed away then the 6 was sold. Its all there as parts go, needs some work yes but can be saved. Ive seen a lot worse 914s that were repaired.. Will update with pics in the next few days..

Best of luck with, it and I am glad to see someone who knows 914s get the car.
I hope it restored faster and cheaper than it might and you have a nice piece of history.
smg914
Luke,
I learned over the years to "bite my tongue" and not respond to the individuals on this website that have no idea of the true value of an original 914-6 or for that matter a pure original 914-4. It amazes me how such harsh opinions are expressed based on a couple of photographs. I've seen basket case speedsters sell 20 years ago for more money then you paid for this restorable, original numbers matching 6. Your investment is safe and secure. Best of luck to you and we look forward to reading about your progress and of course we are here to help with any questions and or problems you may encounter along the way.
Steve
nomore9one4
QUOTE(smg914 @ Feb 13 2010, 01:17 PM) *

Luke,
I learned over the years to "bite my tongue" and not respond to the individuals on this website that have no idea of the true value of an original 914-6 or for that matter a pure original 914-4. It amazes me how such harsh opinions are expressed based on a couple of photographs. I've seen basket case speedsters sell 20 years ago for more money then you paid for this restorable, original numbers matching 6. Your investment is safe and secure. Best of luck to you and we look forward to reading about your progress and of course we are here to help with any questions and or problems you may encounter along the way.
Steve

agree.gif Good luck with your resto Luke. I think you are gonna have a very nice original car that you will be proud of. Keep the pictures coming. smile.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Tonyiz @ Feb 13 2010, 09:39 AM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 12 2010, 10:01 PM) *

At $800 mine was a steal for the condition that it's in. OOPS!

SirAndy says $500 for his.

What you got?

OOPS! Maybe I shouldn't have said steal..... poke.gif

top secret...case i ever want to sell it ...ya right
Cairo94507
I wish you the best with your six. My last one was Irish Green and I loved the color. There are not enough of these cars left so we have to take care of the "survivors".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.