Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Air Pump Pulley
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Markl
OK, here's the thing - I took the car out for a short spin without the air pump belt - when I came back, the pulley had disappeared! I swear. this car is going to kill me! Anyway, I need one to get through the air test. Small pulley, threads (as I remember) onto the alternator shaft. I would prefer one that is not considered rare and extremely valuable, just plain old rusty steel, like the rest of the car. Thanks!
bdstone914

The air pump pulley is driven off of the fan by a shaft. If that is what you lost I dhould have one. I have not looked to see how they are attached to the shaft.
Bruce
jk76.914
Here's a pic. Its a 912E, but you can see the setup. There's a steel tripod of sorts, bridging left, right, and top of the fan. The tripod holds a bearing, in which spins the shaft. Can't remember, but I think there's a rubbery connection to the hub of the fan.

Good luck.

MY question- where does the a/c compressor fan go with this setup???

Click to view attachment
Markl
Thanks for the info. My '75 2.0 must have a 'custom' setup! The belt ran from the air pump over to the alternator, which had a second, smaller pulley frontwards of the alternator pulley. Really, I'm not crazy, I moved it over when I put in a new alternator.

Oddly enough, I have the proper fan pulley, just didn't know what it was! Guess I'll put it on and go from there.

As far as the A/C goes, I've wondered about that myself, so no help here.
bdstone914
It you want the correct pulley setup I have a good one. Do you have to run the air pump in CO? I not do away with it.
Bruce
boxstr
Here is the pulley I found. Not sure if this what you need or not?
Craig C. Laughlin CAMP 914
Markl
The pulley I lost was attached to the alternator - I have the correct setup, I just didn't know it! Thanks for the help, all.
McMark
Craig, that's an AC pulley that goes between the fan and the crank, behind the impeller housing.
boxstr
Mark Thank you for the info. I will catalog it.
Craig
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.