Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CV Joint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsaum
I've cleaned up my CV joints and found a crack in one of the cages. Since I have a couple of axles in various conditions I was able to find a useable one. I noticed on each set that the spring retainer washers where turned in different directions. What is the correct direction for the curved washer?
dangrouche
those look flat, but they are cupped outwards, so if the shaft is upwards towards the sky, then the washer is bowl shaped, up like a champagne glass
jsaum
QUOTE(dangrouche @ Feb 9 2010, 11:10 PM) *

those look flat, but they are cupped outwards, so if the shaft is upwards towards the sky, then the washer is bowl shaped, up like a champagne glass

Thanks for the info! Now the fun of putting them back together!

Jsaum
type47fan
QUOTE(jsaum @ Feb 10 2010, 09:30 PM) *

QUOTE(dangrouche @ Feb 9 2010, 11:10 PM) *

Thanks for the info! Now the fun of putting them back together!

Jsaum

These excellent videos should help. Good luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsytyVzokBg Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOma2BMhrzc Part 2
gopack
Excellent videos! We should find a way to host these kind of instructional videos in a "How To" section of the world. Is this Van Svenson guy one of ours?
Thanks for the links. Lots of detail and attention to the little stuff that leaves newbies like me scratching our heads and wondering what we did wrong!
Van
QUOTE(gopack @ Feb 11 2010, 09:14 AM) *

Excellent videos! We should find a way to host these kind of instructional videos in a "How To" section of the world. Is this Van Svenson guy one of ours?
Thanks for the links. Lots of detail and attention to the little stuff that leaves newbies like me scratching our heads and wondering what we did wrong!

Glad people like the videos!
IronHillRestorations
If you use a new cup washer, you need a press to put on the clip.
jsaum
QUOTE(9146986 @ Feb 13 2010, 08:39 PM) *

If you use a new cup washer, you need a press to put on the clip.

Thanks for the heads up I have new ones on the way!
Jsaum
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.