Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front camber/caster adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Phoenix-MN
So, what tool do you guys use to loosen/tighten the allen head bolt thats circled (in the borrowed picture). The expansion tank is in the way. A realy long allen wrench with a short leg?

Click to view attachment

Thanks
Paul

TheCabinetmaker

Remove expansion tank?
underthetire
QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Feb 10 2010, 09:52 AM) *

So, what tool do you guys use to loosen/tighten the allen head bolt thats circled (in the borrowed picture). The expansion tank is in the way. A realy long allen wrench with a short leg?

Click to view attachment

Thanks
Paul

I'm sure i'll get hanged.gif but i use a small pipe wrench.
topatrout914
Take the exp. tank off. Two small bolts on the back side IIRC.
r_towle
remove the tank...its a five minute job.
Whatever you do, dont use a pipe wrence or vice grips. poke.gif
Rich
Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 10 2010, 10:01 AM) *

remove the tank...its a five minute job.
Whatever you do, dont use a pipe wrence or vice grips. poke.gif
Rich

I guess thats the route I'll take. It's just a pisser to have to take things apart when you've just put it all together mad.gif

Thanks
yeahmag
Those bolts are a real pain in the butt for being two 10mm bolts... I hate putting that thing on and off. I've been tempted to work out *any* other solution.
Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Feb 10 2010, 10:09 AM) *

Those bolts are a real pain in the butt for being two 10mm bolts... I hate putting that thing on and off. I've been tempted to work out *any* other solution.

Well, an extreme solution would be to drill a 3/4" hole in the right palce on the expansion tank and weld in a tube to pass a long allen wrench through... ala a 911 heat exchanger wacko.gif
andys
I'll have to look at my car, but I don't recall this being a problem with the plastic expansion tank ('75).

Andys
r_towle
10mm socket, long extension...5 minute job
Once you set your alignment you are done...no need to play with it unless you are swapping tires for an autox.
Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.