Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need your good thoughts and prayers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikelsr
My son-in-law just left the US for his third tour in a combat zone and I'm asking for your good thoughts to help keep him and all of our other soldiers safe. Luckily this tour will only be six months.

And thanks for the thoughts.
Mike
Als914
QUOTE(mikelsr @ Feb 10 2010, 11:18 AM) *

My son-in-law just left the US for his third tour in a combat zone and I'm asking for your good thoughts to help keep him and all of our other soldiers safe. Luckily this tour will only be six months.

Mike

Hey mike,

It's hard to immagine one tour of duty let alone three. Your Son-In-Law must have strong protective instincts. We will prey for him to come home safe to put those skill to work for his family. Take care.

Al and Shirlee Garcia
Brent
QUOTE(mikelsr @ Feb 10 2010, 11:18 AM) *

Mike

Will include in me and my sons thoughts and prayers tonight.
Bruce Hinds
Dear Mike,
You have our thoughts for sure and our heartfelt prayers too. Please let him know that there are soooo many that appreciate what your son and our other soldiers are doing. Especially in light of all the 'bring'em home now' attitudes.
Take it from me who came home at a similar 'time' in another war. They can't just close the door on this one.
Please let him know too that there are lots of us who are willing to help when he gets home. I'm sure as he and you probably already know, that can be difficult too. We just started a grass roots organization here called Vets Meet Vets that seems to be spreading. Since we're not associated with anyone, just a bunch of vets that they can talk to and mentor them in adaptation to life at home. All of the organizations like the VA, VFW are encouraging us and making their resouces available to us. We'll be there to help them through and be with them to get the help they need. It's the same theory we used in Nam..."nobody is left behind!"
God Bless,
Bruce
rick 918-S
He's a true american. Thank him for his service for me and my family. Were safer because of his sacrifice.
Dr Evil
3 tours = titanium balls. I wish him well.
Ian Stott
Your troops and ours are always in my thoughts, have a niece who has done 2 tours in Afghanistan, her husband is on his second and a nephew who is a private in the infantry and is just back from his first. Note to everyone, the troops are also doing a bang up job in Haiti, it is good for the general public to be aware of all the humanitarian stuff our trrops do.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Retired Air Force
zymurgist
Stay safe, good hunting. flag.gif
ME733
..............You have mine............MM
6freak
CONSIDER IT DONE
jcambo7
You will definitely have mine. I understand being deployed from the U.S since I am currently deployed in Southwest Asia, though it is only a 4 month tour. I hope the best for your son, family and that he comes home safely and unharmed. flag.gif
Joe Owensby
Will do. My family and I greatly appreciate the sacrifices our troops make for our country. JoeO
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.