Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB - tow eye plug
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Pat Garvey
Title says it all.
Need one the needs nothing. No crazing, no cracking, no peeling. Chrome only.
NYP (name your price).
Thanks,
Pat
yellowsleep[1].gif
detoxcowboy
I have seen these Pat, I bought onew for $30-$20 I think AA has them, Brand New. But be advised it you instal with force the plug with chrome with change a bit to a slight golden chrome color.. I do not know why?? AA for almopst certain or Sierra Madre maybe
TJB/914
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Feb 10 2010, 03:31 PM) *

Title says it all.
Need one the needs nothing. No crazing, no cracking, no peeling. Chrome only.
NYP (name your price).
Thanks,
Pat
yellowsleep[1].gif

Hi Pat,

I want a NOS one too. But, I think you should add the chrome tow-eye bumper plug is "Plastic Chrome, covered". That's what my 1974 original one is made of.
Question: Did the factory make some in chromed Plastic & some in other materials??

Tom
Tom_T
Well, if you come up with a source who has more than one, I need one too! biggrin.gif

I know that Sierra Madre doesn't have any as of my last order last month. sad.gif

Not sure if George does at AA, but Friday everything is 20% off! piratenanner.gif
tod914
Not the OEM option, but a chrome bolt the same size should work. Try Rich at HighPerformance House, or maybe Brad M. There is also a plug guy that advertises in Pano.
underthetire
I used a polished stainless sink/electrical plug. Pops right in and looks stock.
bdstone914
I know it will not work for Pat or any other CW's (no offence meant) but you can buy chrome plugs at Home Depot for about $1 that work. I had a friend use one from a hot water faucet as H was his initial.
Bruce
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(underthetire @ Feb 10 2010, 07:55 PM) *

I used a polished stainless sink/electrical plug. Pops right in and looks stock.

I have seen those, They probably look better and last longer..
boxstr
I have several at CAMP. Will check condition and take a pic.
CL
boxstr
Okay here are a few of the plugs I found at CAMP. There is also a Stainless Steel plug that fits perfectly. I have several of those.
Craig at CAMP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.